From an office of 92 staff, since I started on a part time contract two and a half years ago, 16 full time posties have left my DO for various reasons.
All have been replaced with 30 hour PW part time blokes.
Anyone know what the full time/part time ratio is supposed to be?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Part Time/Full Time Ratio
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Part Time/Full Time Ratio
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
There is no template f/t to p/t for each office.
It would depend on so many different factors that there isn't a standard one size fits all ratio.
The BT2010 spoke of a national 75/25 split but that was watered down to a majority full-time workforce in AFG.
It would depend on so many different factors that there isn't a standard one size fits all ratio.
The BT2010 spoke of a national 75/25 split but that was watered down to a majority full-time workforce in AFG.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
The last p/t made up to f/t in my office was 8years ago. At least a dozen f/t's retired or left and all replaced with p/t's. I'm over 10 years service and still p/t.
Don't hold your breath waiting for f/t and definitely don't believe managers promises. Managers promises = b/s
Don't hold your breath waiting for f/t and definitely don't believe managers promises. Managers promises = b/s
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
Im pretty sure this is going on in every office, you've got more chance of getting all 6 numbers this sat than getting a FT contract.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
The strikes in 2009 was resolved when royal mail agreed to keep 75% of staff as full-time and to reduce hours from 40 to 39. Of course that is the National mix and that is still apparent in the 2014 agreement. Im just not sure how it applies to each individual office. For example, if a previous full-timer wishes to be part-time; then Royal Mail should really make someone who is part-time full-time.
However, if you are part-time and you are constantly working more hours each week - then there should be a six monthly review. The union is only as good as the members in it though!!
So I ask myself....Are you in the union?? Because I think the CWU reps should be examining staff contractual hours very closely. It seems to me that lino's in many offices are just replacing full-timers with part-timers or even worst not replacing them at all (collapsed duties).
However, if you are part-time and you are constantly working more hours each week - then there should be a six monthly review. The union is only as good as the members in it though!!
So I ask myself....Are you in the union?? Because I think the CWU reps should be examining staff contractual hours very closely. It seems to me that lino's in many offices are just replacing full-timers with part-timers or even worst not replacing them at all (collapsed duties).
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
I'm coming up to 10 years service and seniority wise I'm fifth in line for a full time job, only another 7-8 years to wait
I've only ever seen 1 full time postman be replaced properly until we had a revision in 2011
I've only ever seen 1 full time postman be replaced properly until we had a revision in 2011
-
iminavest
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Part Time/Full Time Ratio
Started pt 3 years ago and was made up to ft within a year, same as the girl who started after.