ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
part absence.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
part absence.
posted yesterday about my daughter having a bug,last night wasn't 100 % but went into work this morning my hours today were 07.30-14.00 hrs,i thought I would give it a go but approx. 11.30 this morning I had the runs messed my boxers rang dom said I would deliver 2 remaining specials and then bring rest of the mail back,got back 12.15 pm added MB which took my finish time to 1245 pm,was told if you work more than half of your hours and go home sick,this does not count as an absence,surely with me finishing just 1 hr 15 mins short of my finish time this will not go on my record as sick absence.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: part absence.
Having completed more than half of your shift it will not be counted as a sick absence but it will be recorded on your record just in case you make a habit of only completing part of your duty then it would be flagged up.comeracing wrote:posted yesterday about my daughter having a bug,last night wasn't 100 % but went into work this morning my hours today were 07.30-14.00 hrs,i thought I would give it a go but approx. 11.30 this morning I had the runs messed my boxers rang dom said I would deliver 2 remaining specials and then bring rest of the mail back,got back 12.15 pm added MB which took my finish time to 1245 pm,was told if you work more than half of your hours and go home sick,this does not count as an absence,surely with me finishing just 1 hr 15 mins short of my finish time this will not go on my record as sick absence.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: part absence.
it will go on your record. But it doesn't count towards the attendance procedure unless you make a habit of it.
Page 5 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=8606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 5 http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... hp?id=8606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part day absences will not normally be
considered. If the number of part day
absences has become excessive, the matter
will be discussed with the employee in line
with the principles of this procedure. Further
part day absences may be counted against
the attendance standards, following written
notice in advance
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.