ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sick day question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

sick day question

Post by comeracing »

my daughter was sick during the night,she seems better today must have had a 24 hour bug,luckily enough my mum managed to look after her until I finished work,my question is if this same problem happened again and I had nobody to look after my daughter,if I phoned in work to say my daughter needed looking after due to illness,would I get full pay and would I receive an absence against me or would family friendly play a part ?
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: sick day question

Post by lala »

Hope she feeling better. It would be special leave but whether it is paid probably depends on the management.
Lightweight andy
Posts: 36
Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: sick day question

Post by Lightweight andy »

You would only get full pay if you have been working for Royal Mail for 2 yrs or more, and to answer the other part of you question. Yes it does go down as an absent....
koolishy67
Posts: 665
Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: sick day question

Post by koolishy67 »

In our office special unpaid leave or annual leave.
silly suffolk
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 728
Joined: 04 Mar 2011, 21:31
Gender: Male
Location: deepest suffolk

Re: sick day question

Post by silly suffolk »

apply for urgent domestic distress within the special leave procedure. with pay of course.