ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Frame Layout

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How does the mail run on your frame?

Top to bottom
14
56%
Bottom to top
11
44%
 
Total votes: 25

Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Frame Layout

Post by Rory »

Having recently worked in a neighbouring office, I was perplexed to find that the frame ran from top left down to bottom right. I was very confused throwing the mech in/bundling up.

In my office you start bottom left and finish on the top row on the right. I am curious to see what is the most common layout.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Frame Layout

Post by Himaggen »

I was under the impression that all RM2000 frames are supposed to run left to right, top to bottom.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: Frame Layout

Post by wannabeek »

It's a right mixture round our way. The majority of frames in one section run top left to bottom right, in another part of the same office they run mostly bottom left to top right. On one of the frames it runs firstly the left wing only, top to bottom, then the rest of the frame is top left to bottom right! Yet another one has never been attempted to be put in sequence and runs much like the old box frames did, just streets in a row, but not in the correct running order to deliver the duty! :crazy: (This is all post revision btw! :shock: )
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Frame Layout

Post by Brainache »

Rory wrote:Having recently worked in a neighbouring office, I was perplexed to find that the frame ran from top left down to bottom right. I was very confused throwing the mech in/bundling up.

In my office you start bottom left and finish on the top row on the right. I am curious to see what is the most common layout.
Next time you go there, pull the strips off the rows and snap them back on your way. Leave em for the regular to put back his way afterwards :cool .