Hi All, can anyone tell me how long after seeing oh assist doctor it takes for dom to tell me the payment I will recieve ?
I have been with Royal Mail 5 yrs on 8th Sept, I go to see dr on 27th Aug. read on one of posts that you get your pension enhanced if you have 5 yrs service. Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Oh assist and IHR
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
Not having given more information you seem to be certain that after seeing OH Assist doctor you will be recommended for IHR but even if this is the case it still has to be rubber stamped by your DOM and passed to a higher level of authority for acceptance.Lasvegas1 wrote:Hi All, can anyone tell me how long after seeing oh assist doctor it takes for dom to tell me the payment I will recieve ?
I have been with Royal Mail 5 yrs on 8th Sept, I go to see dr on 27th Aug. read on one of posts that you get your pension enhanced if you have 5 yrs service. Thanks
RM could decide to offer you alternative duty to meet your medical condition requirements before agreeing to IHR payment.
IHR would give you 34 weeks at basic rate and 9 weeks ( PILON) and any outstanding leave.
As a member of RM pension plan with reckonable service of 5 years you pension would be enhanced.
If IHR is agreed then you should receive within 7 days what your payment is likely to be.
-
Lasvegas1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 14:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
Thanks for your reply and sorry it was short, in the last two and half years I have had 2 ops for torn miniscus got an infection and blood clot after ops, then told by surgeon that I would need a knee replacement 6 months ago and that also has not gone well in pain all the time and also had a blood clot and infection and also had fluid taken 2weeks ago find out next week if it's infected again oh and I also have bad shin splints in op leg. So been off sick a lot went back to work after other ops but the knee got too painfull so then had knee replacement . Now have exhausted my sick pay on zero money as last week, pain is really bad in knee, leg so that's why I think I will be getting IHR but you never know maybe not !
Sorry it's been long ! I actually like my job and guys n gals in office but knee is too painful. Thanks
Sorry it's been long ! I actually like my job and guys n gals in office but knee is too painful. Thanks
-
Lasvegas1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 14:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
Would the payment date be on the date of seeing oh assist dr or when I contractual finish with Royal Mail ?
My problem is if I do get IHR after seeing the Dr at oh assist on 27th Aug, will I miss out on the enhanced pension by a few days .... I joined the pension on 8th Sept 2009 ? If as you say i would probably find out the payment in 7 days !
Would I be better to not go to see the dr on 27th or would Royal Mail wait till after the 8th sept ( I doubt it)
Only just checked when I joined the pension
Thanks again
My problem is if I do get IHR after seeing the Dr at oh assist on 27th Aug, will I miss out on the enhanced pension by a few days .... I joined the pension on 8th Sept 2009 ? If as you say i would probably find out the payment in 7 days !
Would I be better to not go to see the dr on 27th or would Royal Mail wait till after the 8th sept ( I doubt it)
Only just checked when I joined the pension
Thanks again
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
I’m no expert on IHR and I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that there’s basically 2 variations of it:
1) IHR with immediate payment of pension.
2) IHR with lump sum.
Option 1 requires at least 5 years RM service and 2 years in the RM Pension Plan. However as you started work in 2009 you are in the RM Defined Contribution Pension(Zurich) not the RMPP. So I don’t think you would be entitled to immediate payment of pension.
Option 2 requires at least 1 years service and would pay out 34 weeks pay plus 9 weeks PILON. Your RM Defined Contribution Pension would be deferred. That could in turn be kept with Zurich or transferred to another pension, but it won’t normally be accessible until you’re at least 55.
The ‘5 year rule’ therefore doesn’t apply to you and the date of any IHR payment would be when RM terminates your contract.
More info on the IHR agreement can be found here:
http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1) IHR with immediate payment of pension.
2) IHR with lump sum.
Option 1 requires at least 5 years RM service and 2 years in the RM Pension Plan. However as you started work in 2009 you are in the RM Defined Contribution Pension(Zurich) not the RMPP. So I don’t think you would be entitled to immediate payment of pension.
Option 2 requires at least 1 years service and would pay out 34 weeks pay plus 9 weeks PILON. Your RM Defined Contribution Pension would be deferred. That could in turn be kept with Zurich or transferred to another pension, but it won’t normally be accessible until you’re at least 55.
The ‘5 year rule’ therefore doesn’t apply to you and the date of any IHR payment would be when RM terminates your contract.
More info on the IHR agreement can be found here:
http://www.glosamal.co.uk/Docs/Group_Il ... nt_200.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
Lasvegas1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 14:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
Sorry don't think I said when I started working, I joined Royal Mail in May 2009 but only started paying into my pension till sept 2009 ?
So have been with Royal Mail over 5 yrs but ....10 days short of the 5 yrs in pension scheme, so am I better cancelling
Aug 27th visit to oh assist dr or will I be ok to get the enhanced pension ?
Sorry should have put it all in first message but thought it would be too long lol
Thanks
So have been with Royal Mail over 5 yrs but ....10 days short of the 5 yrs in pension scheme, so am I better cancelling
Aug 27th visit to oh assist dr or will I be ok to get the enhanced pension ?
Sorry should have put it all in first message but thought it would be too long lol
Thanks
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
It doesn’t really matter when you have your doctors appointment I’m afraid because the RMPP or the final/average salary pension was closed to new employees in April 2008 and everyone who joined RM after that date and who joined the pension, would be in the defined contribution scheme.
So as far as I know, you will only be eligible for the lump sum option.
So as far as I know, you will only be eligible for the lump sum option.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
Lasvegas1
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 14:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Oh assist and IHR
Ok Robert thanks for your prompt replies and yes am with Zurich!