ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by spiderj »

Bitten,sworn at,and generally abused

Manager....I'll speak to you when you get back

Back after half two...no manager

Reported it to police

Had enough of muppets not controlling their dogs!
I won
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by pinstripe »

Strange, how when you actually need to speak to a manager about a serious incident, they're never there. Very poor management in this company, but I think we all know that already.

(I shouldn't laugh but I originally thought you meant that a customer bit your shoe.)
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by spiderj »

Lol I thought he was going to try
My usual lino back on today
And hats off to him
He followed procedure
And was happy I called police and contacted council etc
How bad is it I've faith in two managers at ours?
:cuppa
I won
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by Burghboy »

spiderj wrote:Lol I thought he was going to try
My usual lino back on today
And hats off to him
He followed procedure
And was happy I called police and contacted council etc
How bad is it I've faith in two managers at ours?
:cuppa


If they are anything like our place half of the lino's are only there to make the others look semi competent!
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by spiderj »

Must be a trend in RM then.

:hmmmm
I won
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by RedBagMan »

A touch better than being abused by a shoe and bitten by a customer tho'
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by spiderj »

Oh tease me why don't you
:nana
I won
scoobydo79
Posts: 2055
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by scoobydo79 »

Just wondering what happens if the customer gets close to being violent.How far does this have to go before Police involved/go to court?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: bitten on the shoe and abused by customer

Post by spiderj »

U need witnesses/corroboration

Golden rule though

If you feel threatened

Call the police

Why risk yourself?
I won