ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Forced to up my hours ???
-
postiebabe
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 19:17
- Gender: Female
Forced to up my hours ???
I'm currently working a 20 hr a week contract , I've been told ,from a manager. when the revision comes into our office in a couple of months time , there will be no 20 hr duties . Do I have to take a 30 hr duty ??? Can they change my contracted hours to that many just by giving me notice ?? Can I stay on my original 20 hours ?? TY in advance x
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Forced to up my hours ???
yes you can stay on your current hours
BT2010 states http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 34 at link
BT2010 states http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... -_2010.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 34 at link
However if you stick to your guns and they can't find a job/duty at your office then they may try to transfer you. Get local guidance from your ADR if your in the CWU.no member of staff will be forced to buy down their hours/go part-time and no
part-time employees will be forced to increase their contractual hours
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to up my hours ???
They'll probably offer you a really inappropriate duty with hours and days that would screw your home life right up. They did this to a mate of mine when they were trying to get him off a duty with hours that were unique in the d.o. to less hours to harmonise with the rest of the p/t.
As they'd offered him an alternative and he refused it he got bumped down in hours and missed his chance in the re pick as rep had told him not to budge.
As they'd offered him an alternative and he refused it he got bumped down in hours and missed his chance in the re pick as rep had told him not to budge.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Forced to up my hours ???
It depends on if you want to increase your hours. 30 hours means 10 hours pay more on holidays/floater week (depend on your work scheme), sick pay, and increase your bonus by 50%. But that if it fit your lifestyle.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Forced to up my hours ???
Always amuses me that several years ago RM was pushing the Part Time Contracts. They were definitely targeting the Full Timers for Redundancies and not recruiting any more Full Time Duties.
Suddenly the Goal Posts move and Part Timers are not doing enough hours to suit RM! Surprise Surprise"We need to increase the amount of hours you work" Foxtrot Oscar as far as I'm concerned! If you signed up for a 20 hour contract, and it suits you, why mess your life up to suit RM?
I recently read some old notes I made, where the DOM had told me, "These are your contracted hours. Don't expect to be able to work any more. This is all the work you can expect from RM". Now whose going around the Office asking people to work their days off, and are you interested in doing part of another duty on overtime? Assholes the lot of them.
Suddenly the Goal Posts move and Part Timers are not doing enough hours to suit RM! Surprise Surprise"We need to increase the amount of hours you work" Foxtrot Oscar as far as I'm concerned! If you signed up for a 20 hour contract, and it suits you, why mess your life up to suit RM?
I recently read some old notes I made, where the DOM had told me, "These are your contracted hours. Don't expect to be able to work any more. This is all the work you can expect from RM". Now whose going around the Office asking people to work their days off, and are you interested in doing part of another duty on overtime? Assholes the lot of them.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)