ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Recruitment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
crossflory
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 15:27
Gender: Female

Recruitment

Post by crossflory »

Good Afternoon,

I recently applied to be a postwoman at Fishponds. I have done the online assessment and have received an email saying that following the online assessment I have been unsuccessful.

The web site has no contact info and you can't reply to the email. Does any body know how I can contact the recruitment team to get some other feedback. I really want to know where I failed in the assessment. (I'm pretty sure I was OK on the data comparison - but if not I would like to know!)

Thanks
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: Recruitment

Post by doorstepped »

RM are taking no one on until September as they think we can all absorb more and more walks to save money.

we have vacancies at our DO but can't even put out the advert for another 10 days at the earliest.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Recruitment

Post by terry2972 »

You just have to keep trying on the day I passed my online assessment I tried for 2 jobs one I passed and the other I failed lol
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Recruitment

Post by Darren Bent »

You might be on the list for future jobs but Royal Mail is not hiring anyone at the moment, but when they do you might be chosen but they can't tell you are unsuccessful yet. Sometimes people have to wait months for the chance to start the job. All we can advise you is to keep looking for a job and another option.
crossflory
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 Aug 2014, 15:27
Gender: Female

Re: Recruitment

Post by crossflory »

All, Thanks for the info.