ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by doorstepped »

I have just aquired a Peugoet Partner van and it's got the annoying Lady telling me to use my handbrake everytime I open the door.

does anyone know which fuse to pull to shut her up?

I get nagged enough at home let alone every day at work as well :(
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Jpro747 »

I find it embarrasing and partronising, I passed my driving test and I know when to apply the f..king hanbrake. :mad
gosickwithstress
Posts: 69
Joined: 16 Mar 2013, 12:28
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by gosickwithstress »

I am sure your lady shared van partner is just
trying to look after you and your new peugoet van

Relax women can be good drivers too :whistle
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by DB1100 »

I wonder how long it will be before they have the PDA's saying "try a neighbour,try a neighbour" everytime we press not delivered.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Lincox »

when we respond No fkcing time, No fkcing time,they might get it.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by olilew »

Jpro747 wrote:I find it embarrasing and partronising, I passed my driving test and I know when to apply the f..king hanbrake. :mad
We have just had to fill a sheet in with pretty little diagrams with the van facing uphill and downhill and you had to tick when to apply the handbrake and tick which way to turn the steering wheel and which gear to leave the van in. I have been driving for 27 years FFS!
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by bustedflush »

doorstepped wrote:I have just aquired a Peugoet Partner van and it's got the annoying Lady telling me to use my handbrake everytime I open the door.

does anyone know which fuse to pull to shut her up?

I get nagged enough at home let alone every day at work as well :(
We have this stupid van too, it makes us scream! The stupid b*tch trills out every time you leave the vehicle, irrespective of whether you apply the handbrake or not. FFS, if you've already applied the sodding handbrake (light on dash shows the van knows you have) then why does the stupid cow keep reminding you? This is a bad design fault, surely she should STFU if you've already done it and only remind you if it's not fully applied?? :evil/mad :evil/mad
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Bahia Feliz »

DB1100 wrote:I wonder how long it will be before they have the PDA's saying "try a neighbour,try a neighbour" everytime we press not delivered.
Or a parrott ha ha "Try a neighbour,Try a neighbour"!
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Jpro747 »

It might as well be a form of bullying, I'm filing a complaint against the van tomorrow. Rather push a HCT around the rural tbh :cuppa
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Jpro747 »

The stupid thing is, that it tells me the same message again when i open the door to get in the van. :crazy:
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by saddlerposty »

bustedflush wrote:
doorstepped wrote:I have just aquired a Peugoet Partner van and it's got the annoying Lady telling me to use my handbrake everytime I open the door.

does anyone know which fuse to pull to shut her up?

I get nagged enough at home let alone every day at work as well :(
We have this stupid van too, it makes us scream! The stupid b*tch trills out every time you leave the vehicle, irrespective of whether you apply the handbrake or not. FFS, if you've already applied the sodding handbrake (light on dash shows the van knows you have) then why does the stupid cow keep reminding you? This is a bad design fault, surely she should STFU if you've already done it and only remind you if it's not fully applied?? :evil/mad :evil/mad
Typical arrogant French design, I prefer my Italian built fiat doblo it shrugs its shoulders and says " hey who gives a da F*** abouta da handbrake, look ata beautiful laydee across a da road" :Very Happy
paranoid-android
Posts: 106
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 09:17
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by paranoid-android »

WARNING do not tamper with the van, today our office was raided by the fleet manager, at least 3 long serving post people were suspended, for doing this. All the LWB partners are to be taken out of service to be inspected. More suspensions could follow. Not good times possible job losses
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by trythat »

One of the guys at work wrote to 'justsayit' and received this back, usual RM 'we;re right, you're wrong' again.

Thanks for your email to Moya’s JustSayIt about the handbrake warning alarm. I work as part of this team and your email has been shared with me for a response.
As you are probably aware we have had a number of incidents where out vans have been involved in roll-aways which have in some instances resulted in life changing /fatalities. In order to try and reduce the occurrence of these incidents we have used a number of different channels to communicate materials which have been developed regarding the correct operation of handbrakes when parking the vehicle including leaving the vehicle in gear and pointing the tyres into the kerb.

The addition of the handbrake audible warning was a technological intervention that has been trialled and implemented. We trialled the system that has been installed in a number of delivery offices and gathered feedback from the drivers. The feedback was mainly positive from the drivers, however acting on the feedback we made a number of changes to the initial set up-

· reduced the number of times the warning was played on opening the door

· reduced the volume

We also looked at other ways of fitting the system to activate with the warning light on the dash when the handbrake is applied but this has issues, i.e.

· the light goes off with the ignition on our vehicles and therefore the ignition could be switched off avoiding the warning or before the handbrake is / isn’t applied

· the fact that even if the light is on this does not mean the handbrake is at the end of it’s travel and engaged, thus has the potential to mislead the driver

· there are also technical issues within the wiring systems that restrict how we can make the system work

We have now explored several options with Peugeot and are pushing for a random warning system through the door switch to reduce the number of times the warning is triggered with the system manufacturers.

Thanks again for your email. I hope this helps you to understand how and why the current option was arrived at.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Jpro747 »

Accidents happen. Its not like the post person purposely left the handbrake off on a slope, and most of the time the handbrake fails due to the poor condition the vans are in. It doesn't mean we need a reminder 500 times a day. Another crap idea just to justify someones worthless position in the company.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Annoying Lady's fuse needs pulling

Post by Postie45 »

what next ?
coming up to a junction is the van going to say "check mirrors, apply brake"

and when we get back to the office "did you remember to do your lapsing?"