ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Whys TNT disappearing?
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
Whys TNT disappearing?
Noticed over the past month that I'm getting more and more letters and flats coming through with just delivered by Royal Mail and a postage number. It was only on closer inspection that i realised that the postage number is TNT's number. Its happening on so much post now something must be happening. Its on BT, Sky Tesco letters to name a few. Wondered if anyone else had noticed? And any thoughts on what TNT are up to?
-
seaside
- Posts: 266
- Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
Maybe they have all taken a holiday and we end up with their mail. 
-
Senior Service
- Posts: 185
- Joined: 19 Aug 2007, 18:34
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
Perhaps they don't currently deliver in your area and they are using us for DSA; I suppose the worrying part is that when they do deliver we will be losing that mail. My office is very rural so I don't expect them in our area any time soon.
You do have to worry that there is some kind of master plan in which all our business is slowly being given to TNT et al and that us and the USO are doomed! I don't think the politicians want to admit it however.
You do have to worry that there is some kind of master plan in which all our business is slowly being given to TNT et al and that us and the USO are doomed! I don't think the politicians want to admit it however.
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
ive noticed a lot of our large flats are mostly RM or other dsa but hardly ay for tnt. there not delivering in our area yet
-
westlondonpostie
- Posts: 559
- Joined: 15 Jun 2009, 19:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Close to the edge
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
In the areas that TNT are delivering in, they will try to deliver as much of their mail as possible, but come Wednesday if they are struggling to clear or are approaching their deadlines they stick a "Delivered By Royal Mail" sticker on them and give it to us to deliver.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
royal mailsmudgey wrote:The TNT name which will disappear in Septemberwill be replaced with a new name as its such a toxic one
-
barbario
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 31 Jul 2007, 11:28
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
It said in a recent Union circular at our MC that TNT have a very high rate of staff turnover.baldrick wrote:Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
I've heard it's down to having a high rate of staff dumping mailbarbario wrote:It said in a recent Union circular at our MC that TNT have a very high rate of staff turnover.baldrick wrote:Could be that they can't recruit or keep staff. TNT were supposed to be delivering in my area from 3 months ago. I did see a TNT delivery guy the first week, but then haven't seen any for the following 12 weeks. But a couple of days ago I saw a young guy wearing TNT uniform who looked about 16 delivering Specsavers d2ds, and yesterday TNT delivered a dvd I bought on Amazon from a seller who usually uses Royal Mail.
I wonder if the youngster was a school pupil working for TNT during the school summer holidays.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Whys TNT disappearing?
High Turnovers, plus part time hours and lower pay means more needs for better jobs and less loyalty.