ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can't make a claim
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Can't make a claim
I was informed today that Royal Mail can't make a claim for breaking me arm because I am not part of the union. Disgusting attitude to have....
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
What bollox. Of course you can, you simply have to use a 'blame-and-claim' no-win no- fee lawyer of your choice, as opposed to a free one paid for by the CWU. TBH I think the damages (reading case histories) that SM retrieve are on the low side anyway.Lightweight andy wrote:I was informed today that Royal Mail can't make a claim for breaking me arm because I am not part of the union. Disgusting attitude to have....
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
But you didn't expand on the circumstances of the incident.Lightweight andy wrote:I only stated Royal Mail couldn't put a claim in for me,
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
I broke my arm whilst on duty in a block of flats, I fell down a flight of stairs and smashed my forearm off the corner of a step on the way down, I was wearing the RM issued footwear too. But because I am not in the union Royal Mail can not put in a claim for me....
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
Was there an investigation and the accident/incident reported on Erica? If there was an investigation and there should have been what was the conclusion?Lightweight andy wrote:I broke my arm whilst on duty in a block of flats, I fell down a flight of stairs and smashed my forearm off the corner of a step on the way down, I was wearing the RM issued footwear too. But because I am not in the union Royal Mail can not put in a claim for me....
-
Lightweight andy
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 06 Feb 2014, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
There was an Eric's report done and the investigation done to. It's turns out that the stairs were deemed as a being dangouros when wet because they are a polished concrete steps and now all delivery story the flats have been suspended until the local council does something about the stairs, I.e anti slip treads or some sort of edging put on them..
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
haha
and you fell (excuse the pun) for rm's codswallop?
you could deal with this yourself.
As said on this thread go see a solicitor.
and you fell (excuse the pun) for rm's codswallop?
you could deal with this yourself.
As said on this thread go see a solicitor.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
Then there is no reason that a claim for compensation cannot be made through a solicitor, though it does point out how useful being a member of the union can be.Lightweight andy wrote:There was an Eric's report done and the investigation done to. It's turns out that the stairs were deemed as a being dangouros when wet because they are a polished concrete steps and now all delivery story the flats have been suspended until the local council does something about the stairs, I.e anti slip treads or some sort of edging put on them..
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
Not much sympathy for you. Sounds self-inflicted to me. Maybe if you slowed down a bit you wouldn't fall down flights of stairs.Lightweight andy wrote:I broke my arm whilst on duty in a block of flats, I fell down a flight of stairs and smashed my forearm off the corner of a step on the way down
Lightweight andy wrote: still do a round a lot quicker than most with 1 hand![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Can't make a claim
1 personal comment and reply by OP deleted - inappropriate comments of a personal nature will not be tolerated by Royal Mail never mind RoyalMailChat see my tag line for the possible ramifications of an ill thought out comment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Geezer
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1347
- Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 21:01
Re: Can't make a claim
You could also put in a claim through the PABS scheme if it has left you with restricted movment, but to do this you would have to put in a claim for IIB ( Industrial Injuries Benifit ) from the DWP i beleive.
Take a look here:
PERSONAL ACCIDENT BENEFIT SCHEME: PABS : http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=45096
Take a look here:
PERSONAL ACCIDENT BENEFIT SCHEME: PABS : http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=45096
Last edited by Geezer on 22 Jul 2014, 17:19, edited 2 times in total.
-
Richly rich
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Jul 2014, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
Going on the comment
Lightweight andy wrote:
still do a round a lot quicker than most with 1 hand
Also says it all to me too, there's a guy at my office just broke his arm running down stairs that goes into managers complaining about his different partners being too slow but now he's learnt his lesson along with his 2 speeding fines in 1 month
Lightweight andy wrote:
still do a round a lot quicker than most with 1 hand
Also says it all to me too, there's a guy at my office just broke his arm running down stairs that goes into managers complaining about his different partners being too slow but now he's learnt his lesson along with his 2 speeding fines in 1 month
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Can't make a claim
Why would Royal Mail put a claim in for you? It is Royal Mail you would be claiming against!
-
Alcrogib
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 04 Feb 2014, 20:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Can't make a claim
He wouldn't be claiming against Royal Mail. His claim would be against the council for not properly maintaining the steps.steve1873 wrote:Why would Royal Mail put a claim in for you? It is Royal Mail you would be claiming against!