oppo got given back a mis-delivered small amazon parcel monday from last week, he took it even though he knew it wasn't ours, assume he didn't realise until after.
I'd not been to the intended recipient yet and did intend posting it later but forgot as it'd not been turned for so thought sod it, I ain't going back.
I handed it to line manager, who said to deliver it today, but I never got it back?
I know we all make mistakes but you can bet your bottom dollar the RM postman will get the blame for all missing amazon items that are nothing to do with us.
perhaps once we've inadvertently taken possession of it we should issue a decent surcharge to return it and maybe send a note to the customer?
then again, how many customers would have handed the parcel back unopened in the 1st place?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Amazon couriers
-
pyphon
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East England
Re: Amazon couriers
I'd return for surcharge
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Amazon couriers
that would be my choice, but surcharge who, the buyer or the sender?pyphon wrote:I'd return for surcharge
not sure if we'd be allowed to hold non RM mail but can't imagine the buyer paying an extra few £ in postage, though that would be best scenario for us with disgruntled amazon punters
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: Amazon couriers
the reciever gets the surchate
we had a box with only a courier marking on it and nothing by RM, so looks like the sender put it in the wrong delivery truck, we surcharged the reciever £7.20+ the £1 surcharge.
down to them then to claim it back.
we had a box with only a courier marking on it and nothing by RM, so looks like the sender put it in the wrong delivery truck, we surcharged the reciever £7.20+ the £1 surcharge.
down to them then to claim it back.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Amazon couriers
Give it back to customer and explain we are just one of many couriers on the streets so pay at p.o. to return it by us.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??