ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leave
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Leave
lisa8739 wrote:How long shud i wait to hear a yes or no after putting in an application for leave for one day off :(
There is no set time in Royal Mail, and no agreement that I am aware of that would apply. As long as its reasonably quick and within the statutory requirement (They can cancel/refuse a holiday as long as they give you the same length of notice as the break itself.) there not much you can except keep bugging them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Leave
If I recall correctly, in our D.O. the DIM wants two weeks notice, if you want to book any holiday. Not much help for you I know, but it seems it might vary from office to office or am I wrong?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Leave
We book all our leave including odd days around November of the previous year. If you want to change a day / week, you have a look in the book, no space and you are not getting it. Ours is done by an OPG, it is part of his duty to do stuff like that. The changes are first come first served. Very difficult to get a day at short notice.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Leave
Same applies in our office 14 days notice for ad-hoc leave.wabbithunta wrote:If I recall correctly, in our D.O. the DIM wants two weeks notice, if you want to book any holiday. Not much help for you I know, but it seems it might vary from office to office or am I wrong?
-
trythat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 720
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36
Re: Leave
We have local agreement that a reply will be made within 48 hours, OPG should know as soon as possible so they can look into other options. I mean really if there is holiday list why should it take more than 48 hours to give a reply?lisa8739 wrote:How long shud i wait to hear a yes or no after putting in an application for leave for one day off :(
-
mark273
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 08 Jul 2014, 19:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Leave
Anybody know how leave works in delivery offices? Where i work leave is booked in full weeks only and if you need a particular week off you need to swap with a collegue. So for example if you need a sat off for a family wedding you have to swap a full week off just for 1 day off and if you can't get a swap you cannot go to your family wedding like in my case even giving 2 months notice to your manager. Just seems a bit harsh to me