ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do management/big wigs read the forums?
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Do management/big wigs read the forums?
As the title says, do the pen pushers actually read these forums? because if they did surly they would see it just is not working these days
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
They know, they don't care. They trot out the company line, take their pieces of silver, and give the grand total of zero f*cks.
Last edited by Sidley on 26 Jun 2014, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
sophie97 wrote:As the title says, do the pen pushers actually read these forums? because if they did surly they would see it just is not working these days
From the top of the totem pile looking down - it is working - the profits are up on falling volumes.
From the bottom of the pile, looking up all you can see are arseholes.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:sophie97 wrote:As the title says, do the pen pushers actually read these forums? because if they did surly they would see it just is not working these days
From the top of the totem pile looking down - it is working - the profits are up on falling volumes.
From the bottom of the pile, looking up all you can see are arseholes.
Somehow I think you wouldn't want to be right at the bottom of that telegraph pole.. You wouldn't be seen!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
Some of us do, although I'm not a bigwig in any sense of the word
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
Does that include any tactic to force people to work beyond their time, and for those that wont, accuse them of being slow, inefficient, not up to the job. If that is what you mean by having a job to do, personally I would do what I did when I was a manager in a different organisation, and that is tell them to stuff it up their arses and do the job themselves. Time to get out mate and find a job where you can manage and not be an order taker, because that is about the limit of line managers in this organisation.leadseal wrote:Some of us do, although I'm not a bigwig in any sense of the word![]()
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
I cdnt treat people the way they do ,I'd feel awful esp when I got home . Karma does catch up with you though in the end .
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
Sound advice indeed. And, in fact I'm doing that very thing in a few weeks timeLincox wrote:Does that include any tactic to force people to work beyond their time, and for those that wont, accuse them of being slow, inefficient, not up to the job. If that is what you mean by having a job to do, personally I would do what I did when I was a manager in a different organisation, and that is tell them to stuff it up their arses and do the job themselves. Time to get out mate and find a job where you can manage and not be an order taker, because that is about the limit of line managers in this organisation.leadseal wrote:Some of us do, although I'm not a bigwig in any sense of the word![]()
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.
-
Whysoslowyehcfc
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
It's a shame the people at the top of the union doesn't read these forums, otherwise that might take some notice of what's going on and do something about it, after all they're the people who make these agreements and are allowing them to be broken every day!sophie97 wrote:As the title says, do the pen pushers actually read these forums? because if they did surly they would see it just is not working these days
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
Good on yer mate, Best of luck whatever you will be doing.leadseal wrote:Sound advice indeed. And, in fact I'm doing that very thing in a few weeks timeLincox wrote:Does that include any tactic to force people to work beyond their time, and for those that wont, accuse them of being slow, inefficient, not up to the job. If that is what you mean by having a job to do, personally I would do what I did when I was a manager in a different organisation, and that is tell them to stuff it up their arses and do the job themselves. Time to get out mate and find a job where you can manage and not be an order taker, because that is about the limit of line managers in this organisation.leadseal wrote:Some of us do, although I'm not a bigwig in any sense of the word![]()
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.
-
leadseal
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 09 May 2007, 16:48
Re: Do management/big wigs read the forums?
Thanks, pal. Can't wait TBHLincox wrote:Good on yer mate, Best of luck whatever you will be doing.leadseal wrote:Sound advice indeed. And, in fact I'm doing that very thing in a few weeks timeLincox wrote:Does that include any tactic to force people to work beyond their time, and for those that wont, accuse them of being slow, inefficient, not up to the job. If that is what you mean by having a job to do, personally I would do what I did when I was a manager in a different organisation, and that is tell them to stuff it up their arses and do the job themselves. Time to get out mate and find a job where you can manage and not be an order taker, because that is about the limit of line managers in this organisation.leadseal wrote:Some of us do, although I'm not a bigwig in any sense of the word![]()
Not all of us are against you, you know. Like any organisation, or the forces, we have directives to follow too. We don't always agree with them, but we have a job to do.