ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Meeting

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dblad
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 18:26
Gender: Male

Meeting

Post by dblad »

Off sick just now and just got a another note for a further week, DOM wants a meeting tomorrow but I don't see why I should go. Any rules on this.
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Meeting

Post by maisymoo04 »

Prob thinks your taking the piss , prove him wrong and just go up with the sick note :dance
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Re: Meeting

Post by El-Bandito »

dblad wrote:Off sick just now and just got a another note for a further week, DOM wants a meeting tomorrow but I don't see why I should go. Any rules on this.
Phone your DOM that you cannot make the interview. Tell him you are too ill to attend, though you are very willing for him to visit your home address. Before you tell him this ask him if you can record the phone conversation.
Ahebban
Posts: 695
Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
Gender: Male
Location: Left of ... Left

Re: Meeting

Post by Ahebban »

An agreed means of keeping in contact is part and parcel of the Attendance Procedure. Any abuse of the AP by management needs to be reported and included with all correspondence regarding the absence.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Meeting

Post by DirtyHarry »

dblad wrote:Off sick just now and just got a another note for a further week, DOM wants a meeting tomorrow but I don't see why I should go. Any rules on this.
If you're too ill to attend, you're too ill to attend. DimWit has no choice but to accept that, especially if you have a Doctor's certificate. If the DimWit refuses to accept this, that is harrassment, and time to take out a grievance.
You can only comply with DimWit's demands if you're health is up to it. End Of.