ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting a transfer ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si9975
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 Jan 2014, 18:36
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer ?

Post by Si9975 »

Hi I've been in the job for a couple of months now, but the thing is me and my partner have split up and I will be moving back to the north of England. Just wondering if it's possible to get a transfer, if so how do I go about getting one ? As rly don't want to leave the job
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Getting a transfer ?

Post by vanman90 »

If you want a transfer you would of have to be perminant and in your last post (and Royal Mail ) for over six months and completed you probation then wait until a vacancy gets advertised in a office that you want to go to or online.
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Getting a transfer ?

Post by Newbie001 »

If there's an advertised vacancy you want to apply for, speak to the Dom for that office. I know technically you need to be permanent but I'm also temporary and less than six months. I have been asked if I want to transfer to other office as they have a vacancy. I'm presuming the Dom's can get round this requirement if they need to.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Getting a transfer ?

Post by terry2972 »

I have been in 3 months and have got a transfer did it by contacting where I wanted to go and then asked my Dom and I have moved
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Re: Getting a transfer ?

Post by El-Bandito »

terry2972 wrote:I have been in 3 months and have got a transfer did it by contacting where I wanted to go and then asked my Dom and I have moved
Usually if you are a part-time worker, you will get all the vacancies going. If you are Full-Time forget it, the majority of the time, unless you want to cut your hours.