ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

S.A Holiday Payments!?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Redrobin
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 May 2014, 07:25
Gender: Male

S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by Redrobin »

Morning. Newbie here....just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this SA lump sum holiday payment and the new agreement.

Normally.....as I do a fair bit of SA....I get about £190 each May and each August. I always believed this was calculated on SA earnt in the PREVIOUS year.

I understand the agreement has changed and we are now going to get payments when we are on leave, instead of the two payments, however I was under the impression that we would still get a back dated lump sum in respect of the SA earnt last year. As I said, I normally get about £190 so was expecting a lump aum of around £380...then as we move forward I will get a certain amount each week I am on leave.

I have since discovered I am only getting £50 in my pay this week. HR explained that this is the back pay on what I should have recieved on my two lump sums last year, as they recalculated it all against the new entitlement. Apparently this is all I am getting? And now...as I said, I will get a payment each week I am on leave.

I was under the impression that the two payments I got last year, was calculated on SA earnt during 2012/2013. If this is the case, whats happened to our SA money for 2013/14?!?
sean3838
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 20:30
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by sean3838 »

that £380 you got last year was for 4 weeks of s.a holiday pay, under the new agreement the s,a holiday payment to which you are entilted will be calculated on the amount of weeks holiday leave you are entilted to,for example if you are entilted to 6 weeks leave you will get 6 weeks s.a payment. which i understand you get a week after you take your leave this is to eliminate the problem of having a flat week after you return from your leave. :crazy:
Redrobin
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 May 2014, 07:25
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by Redrobin »

sean3838 wrote:that £380 you got last year was for 4 weeks of s.a holiday pay, under the new agreement the s,a holiday payment to which you are entilted will be calculated on the amount of weeks holiday leave you are entilted to,for example if you are entilted to 6 weeks leave you will get 6 weeks s.a payment. which i understand you get a week after you take your leave this is to eliminate the problem of having a flat week after you return from your leave. :crazy:
My query is, compared to some staff my sum ia tiny. I do more SA then most of them, yet they have got a lot more then myself? Im talking about people who, like me, are entitled to just 4 weeks leave.

The amounts myself and 5 others have got.....are worlds apart
Deankeeber
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:17
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by Deankeeber »

It's the same in our office. People who do far less SA than I do have been paid more than twice what I have. I phoned HR and they couldn't explain why this was but assured me it was all correct. It can't be correct. I have spoken to my union rep and DOM and they all just shrug there shoulders as no one seems to understand what it's all about. Not sure who to speak to now about the situation.
chickenwittle
Posts: 2094
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by chickenwittle »

Deankeeber wrote:It's the same in our office. People who do far less SA than I do have been paid more than twice what I have. I phoned HR and they couldn't explain why this was but assured me it was all correct. It can't be correct. I have spoken to my union rep and DOM and they all just shrug there shoulders as no one seems to understand what it's all about. Not sure who to speak to now about the situation.
same in my office ,the ones that do the most ot have got a lot less than others, can anyone explain .
sean3838
Posts: 13
Joined: 18 Oct 2011, 20:30
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by sean3838 »

same :crazy: in my office one bloke does no s.a and got 830 doe,snt make sense.
Redrobin
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 May 2014, 07:25
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by Redrobin »

sean3838 wrote:same :crazy: in my office one bloke does no s.a and got 830 doe,snt make sense.
What no SA at all???
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 966
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by britwrit »

Deankeeber wrote:It's the same in our office. People who do far less SA than I do have been paid more than twice what I have. I phoned HR and they couldn't explain why this was but assured me it was all correct. It can't be correct. I have spoken to my union rep and DOM and they all just shrug there shoulders as no one seems to understand what it's all about. Not sure who to speak to now about the situation.
If it's an underpayment, DOM can't just shrug his shoulders. Follow up with specific dates when you were on holiday since May 2013 and the SA you do. Then have him follow up with Sheffield. Wash, rinse, repeat. From experience, it might take some time to straighten out, as HR is supposed to be really understaffed.

Also, for offices that use SA instead of overtime, it's probably time to switch over to straight overtime. Yeah, they're supposed to be working out a way to pay people for Christmas SA and the like but....
mr hil.
Posts: 421
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by mr hil. »

From what I understand, the lump sum payments people received were for the difference between what they had been paid and the new Schedule attendance rates that came with last years payrise (because it was backdated to April 2013), so if you were paid £20 per week for S.A. you would receive 3% of £20 times however many weeks you worked S.A.

They took so long to pay out because every persons is different.
Sudewa
Posts: 2
Joined: 13 Feb 2014, 20:53
Gender: Female

Re: S.A Holiday Payments!?

Post by Sudewa »

So everyone got there's? Our office got no SA backpay.