ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

VR time process

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Trooper83
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 22:05
Gender: Male

VR time process

Post by Trooper83 »

Apologies if this has been covered before but I really need to know as I can not get concrete answers from anywhere :arrrghhh
If a VR has been authorised from my office, I've been showed on a computer screen what the offer is, what is the time process before I get it I writing for me to sign ?
then basically what happens next
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: VR time process

Post by arnold cheshire »

Trooper83 wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before but I really need to know as I can not get concrete answers from anywhere :arrrghhh
If a VR has been authorised from my office, I've been showed on a computer screen what the offer is, what is the time process before I get it I writing for me to sign ?
then basically what happens next
are you trying to rub it in ?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: VR time process

Post by aiden01 »

Trooper83 wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before but I really need to know as I can not get concrete answers from anywhere :arrrghhh
If a VR has been authorised from my office, I've been showed on a computer screen what the offer is, what is the time process before I get it I writing for me to sign ?
then basically what happens next
it,s usually about 1 month after u sign then you usually get a date for leaving within a within 2 months.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: VR time process

Post by baldrick »

aiden01 wrote:
Trooper83 wrote:Apologies if this has been covered before but I really need to know as I can not get concrete answers from anywhere :arrrghhh
If a VR has been authorised from my office, I've been showed on a computer screen what the offer is, what is the time process before I get it I writing for me to sign ?
then basically what happens next
it,s usually about 1 month after u sign then you usually get a date for leaving within a within 2 months.
Just because you have been shown a quote on computer screen doesn't necessarily mean you will get it. Even if you get a formal written letter and accept it could be delayed. That has happened in my old mc where evrs were delayed for operational reasons.
It took about 4 months for mine to go through.
N1-22postman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 68
Joined: 13 Oct 2010, 08:31
Gender: Male

Re: VR time process

Post by N1-22postman »

Got my original VR offer in September 2013 with an estimated last day of service (LDOS) in December 2013 - I hate acronyms when you don`t know what they stand for! But I didn`t get my actual Voluntary Redundancy letter until January 2014 with a LDOS 12weeks later at the end of April 2014. Until you get that letter and sign it and return it and get their confirmation back you are in limbo and nothing is definite - beware!