ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
-
Duckins
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 12 Nov 2012, 08:22
- Gender: Male
how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I basically just wondering if anyone else needs to have a sleep in the afternoon after work just to get a little bit of enery back. I know I do!
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Never been a good sleeper so no afternoon maps for me. I do tend to sit on my arse for an hour or so just to take a load off my aching legs.
-
lillywhite
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 05 Apr 2009, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Used to,but now with late finishes and poorly thought out PL,i have to rush through the door and straight on the school run,knackered and asleep by 9!
-
cardboard13
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
usually have a snooze while waiting for my work colleague.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
cardboard13 wrote:usually have a snooze while waiting for my work colleague.
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I tend to struggle to get to sleep on nights and often get around 6hours so I often power nap for an hour when I get in from work!
-
Mossman73
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 19:45
- Gender: Male
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
still working all afternoon till 340 pm no time for a nap
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
You're not alone Duckins. I think most Posties are knackered when they get home.
I find I'm OK as long as I keep going but as soon as I sit down and have a cuppa (Normally with my feet in a bowl of water) then it's "Nodding Dog" time 
Quick "Power Nap", as the Trendies call it and I'm usually ready to start taxiing the Family about!
Nothing new in Posties having an afternoon snooze Duckins, maybe now it's just more of an exhausted collapse!
Quick "Power Nap", as the Trendies call it and I'm usually ready to start taxiing the Family about!
Nothing new in Posties having an afternoon snooze Duckins, maybe now it's just more of an exhausted collapse!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Usually try to grab an hour most afternoons 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
If everyone is out the house and I ve nothing needed to do I will grab 40 mins. Don't happen often though.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
I'm alright as long as I don't sit down when I get home otherwise I'll never want to get back up.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Cumulative fatigue
Usually cured by Carling on a Saturday evening

Usually cured by Carling on a Saturday evening
I won
-
careful
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 22:46
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Name five more physical demanding jobs than delivery postal worker of 2014?
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: how tired does everyone feel after a day at work?
Someone in a past post mentioned that the army tested a duty and they said you'd have to be as fit as a commando to keep the 4mph pace up . Yet the managers still think we're all slow and underworked and give us more to do each day . If they rarely cover someones collapsed bit they complain the next day how tired and aching they are.
As for me , each day I think that's it I can't do it again , i'm knackered but after 2 cuppas I feel like new again.
But still wouldn't want to be a dustman.
As for me , each day I think that's it I can't do it again , i'm knackered but after 2 cuppas I feel like new again.
But still wouldn't want to be a dustman.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??