ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

new to POAL deductions

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

new to POAL deductions

Post by maximus12 »

This is the first time I have purchased annual leave, so just trying to work out it's correct.

I've purchased an extra week and a half, taking me from 4.5 to 6 weeks.

I've got -9.93 deducted. Does this seem right? How is it worked out,, I thought it was 3% but can't seem to make that add up.
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by spen »

Also depends on how many hours your contract is
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by Hitcher »

Sounds about right to me.

9.93 x 52(weeks) = 516.36 / 1.5 = £344.24 as your weekly wage.
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by maximus12 »

Contact is 39 hrs.

Is it just 3% of basic pay or del supplement as well
arthur was right
Posts: 68
Joined: 24 Mar 2013, 19:01
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by arthur was right »

Purchased annual leave is exactly the same as............. unpaid leave FACT!!
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by Hitcher »

maximus12 wrote:Contact is 39 hrs.

Is it just 3% of basic pay or del supplement as well
What's your basic pay? £344.24 or more?
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by maximus12 »

364.10

I wasn't sure if it's something to do with tax, is the POAL taken off before tax is deducted or after?
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by coxie »

Sounds right to me, I pay £12 for mine but it's the best thing I've ever done.
DavidFS
Posts: 26
Joined: 20 Mar 2014, 22:58
Gender: Male

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by DavidFS »

arthur was right wrote:Purchased annual leave is exactly the same as............. unpaid leave FACT!!
You are correct but I suppose the fact that you won't be taking the hit all at once makes it worth it to some.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: new to POAL deductions

Post by arnold cheshire »

maximus12 wrote:364.10

I wasn't sure if it's something to do with tax, is the POAL taken off before tax is deducted or after?
before