ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£27 per hour

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
STEVEUK2010
Posts: 28
Joined: 25 May 2010, 14:15
Gender: Male

£27 per hour

Post by STEVEUK2010 »

Just noticed from wage slip that last week I was paid almost £27 per hour Lol. Has this mistake happened to everyone. I was paid basic pay 30 hours as £809 that's almost £27 per hour. Was corrected by the bottom of slip but doesn't explain why
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: £27 per hour

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

STEVEUK2010 wrote:Just noticed from wage slip that last week I was paid almost £27 per hour Lol. Has this mistake happened to everyone. I was paid basic pay 30 hours as £809 that's almost £27 per hour. Was corrected by the bottom of slip but doesn't explain why

There is a discussion on the CWUs facebook page apparently its down to payments into our Pension Pots, but it does show badly Royal Mail communicate with their staff.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6692
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by RobertT »

My basic pay is over £1,000 lol. Also noticed that my Bonusplan payment is double what it's supposed to be.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
thechemisyshop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 156
Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by thechemisyshop »

i phoned up as i had over £1000 on my payslip ,, ITS A MISTAKE ,, the figure at the bottom right ,, net pay is what your getting ,, so no extras this week :sad:
philsdeals19
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by philsdeals19 »

Thought I got a grand bonus or some back payment. The excitement didn't last long lol.
philsdeals19
Posts: 62
Joined: 29 Jul 2010, 17:44
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by philsdeals19 »

I know they must of printed the wage slip on Tuesday. April fools day.
pyphon
Posts: 231
Joined: 02 Sep 2008, 20:57
Gender: Male
Location: North East England

Re: £27 per hour

Post by pyphon »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
STEVEUK2010 wrote:Just noticed from wage slip that last week I was paid almost £27 per hour Lol. Has this mistake happened to everyone. I was paid basic pay 30 hours as £809 that's almost £27 per hour. Was corrected by the bottom of slip but doesn't explain why

There is a discussion on the CWUs facebook page apparently its down to payments into our Pension Pots, but it does show badly Royal Mail communicate with their staff.
It says that in the messages box in their defence.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: £27 per hour

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Got a new, corrected, payslip this morning.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by aiden01 »

UnhappyGremlin wrote:Got a new, corrected, payslip this morning.
same here.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by fly-catchers »

My basic wages after tax etc is £3.17 less this week. Is that correct? As I rarely do O/T my wages are the same every week until this week. Or is to do with some pension adjustment?
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6692
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by RobertT »

fly-catchers wrote:My basic wages after tax etc is £3.17 less this week. Is that correct? As I rarely do O/T my wages are the same every week until this week. Or is to do with some pension adjustment?
My wages are about £3 less after tax aswell! They have doubled my Bonusplan payment which is supposed to be fixed for as long as you're in the job and the main pension deduction has gone up about 50p for no apparent reason.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: £27 per hour

Post by Lounge Lizard »

aiden01 wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:Got a new, corrected, payslip this morning.
same here.
And me.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by fly-catchers »

RobertT wrote:
fly-catchers wrote:My basic wages after tax etc is £3.17 less this week. Is that correct? As I rarely do O/T my wages are the same every week until this week. Or is to do with some pension adjustment?
My wages are about £3 less after tax aswell! They have doubled my Bonusplan payment which is supposed to be fixed for as long as you're in the job and the main pension deduction has gone up about 50p for no apparent reason.
yes I see on the replacement pay slip that my Bonusplan payment is double as well. I do remember that the RM contribution to it gets less as time goes on. Be interesting to see what it is this week.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6692
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: £27 per hour

Post by RobertT »

fly-catchers wrote:
RobertT wrote:
fly-catchers wrote:My basic wages after tax etc is £3.17 less this week. Is that correct? As I rarely do O/T my wages are the same every week until this week. Or is to do with some pension adjustment?
My wages are about £3 less after tax aswell! They have doubled my Bonusplan payment which is supposed to be fixed for as long as you're in the job and the main pension deduction has gone up about 50p for no apparent reason.
yes I see on the replacement pay slip that my Bonusplan payment is double as well. I do remember that the RM contribution to it gets less as time goes on. Be interesting to see what it is this week.
Bonusplan is only available to section C members of the pension scheme and the weekly payment is supposed be be 4.5% of the Lower Earnings Deduction(£3328) or £2.88 per week. The RM contribution is currently £1.87 per week based on being a full timer.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here