ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Finding money

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Finding money

Post by sophie97 »

How much money have people found whilst doing their rounds?

I rekon ive found £40 over the past 18 months, all in notes, on pavements and such.

Ive found a few notes in peoples driveways but always hand them to the owners, only keep the ones that are on public ways, planning to give it to charity
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Finding money

Post by krussel »

Not much really. The odd 20p here and there. Occasional £1. Have you noticed that kids today don't even bother to pick up 5p's.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Finding money

Post by Lounge Lizard »

sophie97 wrote:How much money have people found whilst doing their rounds?

I rekon ive found £40 over the past 18 months, all in notes, on pavements and such.

Ive found a few notes in peoples driveways but always hand them to the owners, only keep the ones that are on public ways, planning to give it to charity
If it's quite regular then maybe planted by the IB trying to catch you out. :shock:
hans solo
Posts: 3280
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

Re: Finding money

Post by hans solo »

£50 note few years back outside a narcotics dependent persons house wonder how they manage to get notes of that size
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Finding money

Post by maisymoo04 »

Found £40 in a post box whilst emptying it last week must of been posted with the mail two crisp 20s mmmm :whistle :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Finding money

Post by monkeymutha »

Found a quid coin the other day, kept it as it was on public footpath, a yard from someone's house, did the shoelace trick.
boristhespider82
Posts: 9
Joined: 16 Jan 2014, 12:44
Gender: Male

Re: Finding money

Post by boristhespider82 »

60 30 40 all in one year..... 16 years in job and that was all in same year lol
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Finding money

Post by OnAFlyer »

hans solo wrote:£50 note few years back outside a narcotics dependent persons house wonder how they manage to get notes of that size
I know of someone that found over £2,000 in rolled up notes a few years ago in a similar situation. I can't say much other than he had a nice holiday that year.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Finding money

Post by Postie45 »

maisymoo04 wrote:Found £40 in a post box whilst emptying it last week must of been posted with the mail two crisp 20s mmmm :whistle :whistle :whistle
lets just hope it wasnt a set up ;)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Finding money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I am not passing judgement either way but everyone must be aware that failing to hand in money found on the street is a crime.

Its called theft by finding.

Theft by finding http://uk.practicallaw.com/books/978184 ... /chapter14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theft by finding may be considered as a type of theft by appropriation. A person does not steal goods merely by finding them, even if he retains the goods for some time after the discovery. Such a person may, for a reasonable time, be presumed to possess the goods with the intention of returning them to their true owner. Once that reasonable time has elapsed, however, it may be presumed that the finder has appropriated the goods to his own use, and at that point, theft has occurred.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
monkeymutha
Posts: 317
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:00
Gender: Female
Location: At the bottom of the bottomless pit

Re: Finding money

Post by monkeymutha »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am not passing judgement either way but everyone must be aware that failing to hand in money found on the street is a crime.

Its called theft by finding.

Theft by finding http://uk.practicallaw.com/books/978184 ... /chapter14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Theft by finding may be considered as a type of theft by appropriation. A person does not steal goods merely by finding them, even if he retains the goods for some time after the discovery. Such a person may, for a reasonable time, be presumed to possess the goods with the intention of returning them to their true owner. Once that reasonable time has elapsed, however, it may be presumed that the finder has appropriated the goods to his own use, and at that point, theft has occurred.
If I handed the quid I found to lino what would they do with it?
da'bunny
Posts: 239
Joined: 08 May 2007, 20:47

Re: Finding money

Post by da'bunny »

Ive found quite a lot of coins so far this year. I found 21p today. Next year I might put it all in a jar then count up at the end of the year see how much Ive got lol!
Just say NO ....to the new agreement.
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: Finding money

Post by royalmailslave »

Over the years I've found as much as £200...Saturday mornings were the best after all the pisscans had been on the ale the previous night
standanddeliver
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 20:30
Gender: Male
Location: Barnoldswick

Re: Finding money

Post by standanddeliver »

I found an eighteen pound note once. I took it to the bank to change it and they asked me if I wanted 3 sixes or 2 nines....! :crazy:
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)