I’m considering an internal transfer to a d/o closer to where I live but I see the contract is only a 6 months fixed term contract whereas I’m on a permanent contract.
If I expressed interest would my current contract be honoured or would that be at the discretion of the DOM?
Also, am I correct in thinking my seniority would transfer over?
Thanks.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Internal transfer
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Internal transfer
The seniority would and should be honoured. As for the fixed term contract I would imagine whoever gets the job would eventually be made into an eventual permanent contract anyway.
I would probably get any agreement in writing though.
I would probably get any agreement in writing though.
-
Murdoch
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 572
- Joined: 11 Apr 2018, 16:55
- Gender: Male
Re: Internal transfer
I would not accept a transfer if I were put on a "fixed term" contract.
Be extremely careful with that. Don't let them do that, if you do transfer.
Be extremely careful with that. Don't let them do that, if you do transfer.
-
Iknockedtwice
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 28 Jul 2019, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Internal transfer
If you are accepted for a transfer you will not lose your permanent contract and be put on a temporary one, your contract will simply be amended to reflect your new location (and possibly different working hours).
If the DO only needs someone short term then you won’t be offered the position.
My advice is to apply for everything of interest, regardless of the stated contract length, as you’re not obliged to accept any roles you’re offered.
If the DO only needs someone short term then you won’t be offered the position.
My advice is to apply for everything of interest, regardless of the stated contract length, as you’re not obliged to accept any roles you’re offered.
-
Bobbyh
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 24 Oct 2016, 22:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Internal transfer
Thanks for everyone advise. Much appreciated.