ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Driving Allowance?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wild Rover
Posts: 614
Joined: 03 Aug 2007, 17:41
Location: Jockistan

Driving Allowance?

Post by Wild Rover »

I drive daily dropping off parcels (sometimes LATs). I've been doing this for nearly 3 years. Am I entitled to any driving allowance or are they done away with nowadays?
Alexei
Posts: 222
Joined: 23 Jul 2017, 18:01
Gender: Male

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by Alexei »

They are a thing of the distant past, probably way over ten years ago.

Although the ones who used to get the driving allowance (among other perks) still get them as 'legacy payments'. Make of that what you will :hmmmm
abuch1980
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
Gender: Male

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by abuch1980 »

Alexei wrote: ↑
23 Mar 2021, 21:16
They are a thing of the distant past, probably way over ten years ago.

Although the ones who used to get the driving allowance (among other perks) still get them as 'legacy payments'. Make of that what you will :hmmmm

Ha! Drivers should get an allowance, after all there's a lot more job responsibilities driving a van legally than most other duties in all depts of RM entail.
therailway61
Posts: 13
Joined: 23 Feb 2020, 10:23
Gender: Male

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by therailway61 »

Driving allowance of £35.63 is payable for vans with gross weight of 3.5 t. Generally the lwb Sprinters, not normally in DO's more often operated from Mail Centres and Relay Units. Check the plate on the vehicle often located inside the passenger side. If it states Max. Gross Weight 3500kg then it qualifies for the allowance.
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

I get the £6 per week legacy driving allowance. :nana

It's because I was a driver at the time of an agreement about 20 years ago. :thumbup
fed_up_postie
Posts: 154
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: lost in space

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by fed_up_postie »

I get just under £35 a week driving allowance to drive the boxer vans :dance :thumbup :nana
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Driving Allowance?

Post by Celgar »

Jefferson Starfish wrote: ↑
26 Mar 2021, 13:54
I get the £6 per week legacy driving allowance. :nana

It's because I was a driver at the time of an agreement about 20 years ago. :thumbup
Ditto on the six quid.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.