ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Cool machines I want one of each please. Have they ever been deployed teebs - I feel sure if they had I'd have heard about it by now. It could be blitzkrieg all over again 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Somehow I don't see Jezza as a military type, more poking a flower in a gun barrel kind of guy. Remember that age old cry "make love not war", "flower power" etc well I was in the army at the height of the love revolution and there wasn't much love coming my way I can tell you. I met lots of Americans on leave fromTman wrote:Corbyn is some old version of Robocop,though.
Problem is that everyone had lost the old punched-tape software loaders, so he's stuck on the ideas and hopes of the late 1960s. No updates available.
Maybe the catchers from the film AI will eventually get him.
Vietnam and many of them were pretty stressed. After the war I felt that those men who were conscripts were really hard done by and treated like pariahs by the general public. I will admit it wasn't their finest hour and I could never understand why we didn't help them having recently put down a communist insurrection in Borneo just round the corner.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I hope they havn't got Romec to service them.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Not just drones:dvbuk55 wrote:One of the problems of having robot armies is having people accept them, perhaps you're confusing the I robot two legged marching robot with what is actually possible and practical to cover terrain and destroy targets - as for a century or two, well believe it or not the technology is here today. Take a drone for example smacking ass in Syria, Afghanistan being controlled from thousands of miles away now put the same technology in an armoured vehicle barrelling down the road without a driver or at least not in the same theatre of operations, the recon is done by a drone, air support by a drone and the operator acts on the intel received.wannabeek wrote:Mmm really? I've heard this similar thing so many times yet seen the lengths local yobs will go to to 'salvage' (steal) anything metal. I really do think think robo armies just aren't gonna work for quite some time. Maybe a century or two?dvbuk55 wrote: ... Robocop is just around the corner.
American
Russian:
This is called a Gladiator
Navy are in on it as well
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I am guessing they were probably field tested in syriadvbuk55 wrote:Cool machines I want one of each please. Have they ever been deployed teebs - I feel sure if they had I'd have heard about it by now. It could be blitzkrieg all over again
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
dvbuk55 wrote:
Somehow I don't see Jezza as a military type, more poking a flower in a gun barrel kind of guy. Remember that age old cry "make love not war", "flower power" etc well I was in the army at the height of the love revolution and there wasn't much love coming my way I can tell you. I met lots of Americans on leave from
Vietnam and many of them were pretty stressed. After the war I felt that those men who were conscripts were really hard done by and treated like pariahs by the general public. I will admit it wasn't their finest hour and I could never understand why we didn't help them having recently put down a communist insurrection in Borneo just round the corner.
There is so much wrong with your post I wouldn't know where to start. Jesus Christ
In a week where the Chilcott Report has vindicated Jeremy Corbyns stance on Iraq (him being one of only 85 Labour Mps (out of what, 365 ?) to vote against us invading Iraq) - that is, he has been proven right - rather than applauding the man for having the courage and morals to try to avert the absolute catastrophe that has since unfolded before our eyes in the Middle East, you choose to deride him for not being a "military type" ? Can't you do better than that ?
I don't know what in Gods name you are banging on about (not really sure that you know either) but FWIW, in my experience "military types" are mostly young blokes who can't get a job, are therefore vulnerable to exploitation and who don't have the slightest idea what it is that they are really signing up to. And, yes, I have close relatives who served both in Iraq and Afghanistan - so my view of "military types" is in no way meant to be disparaging.
Jeremy Corbyn isn't the problem with the Labour Party/this country - YOU ARE.
You thought Blair was great - don't deny it - you thought he was great because he managed to achieve that which had been illusive for the Labour Party in modern times, and that which you have been banging on about in this thread over and over - electoral success. And you haven't quite come to terms with what it was that you backed/endorsed to achieve it. You haven't learnt the lessons and so are condemned to repeat them.
You backed a war criminal. As did Hilary Benn, Angela Eagle, Tom Watson et al.
Now, given that Corbyn didn't back him, and given that the issue at stake was possibly the single biggest decision facing Britain since the 2nd World War, wouldn't you say, in the light of Chilcott, that this makes Jeremy Corbyn somewhat smarter than you are ? The kind of man who might be trusted with big decisions perhaps ? A genuine human being.
Hey, if its any consolation to you, I'll hold my hands up here - I voted for Blair in '97.
But the big difference between you and I is that I have learned from my mistakes - I have learned that a man who can talk the talk and walk the walk can oftentimes turn out to be an egocentric shill. Someone who looks professional and wears the suits can oftentimes turn out to be playing the public by pushing all the right emotional buttons. I have learnt that you can't trust a man who wishes to send another mans son to war.
I have learned that sometimes its better, even when you are most desperate for change, not to sell yourself short but to have the courage to hold out for the right one.
And, I have learned that all that glitters is not gold.
edit. to update the figures I quoted in an earlier post, the death toll in this weeks bombing in Baghdad has now reached 250. Meanwhile, in other news, Tony Blair gets his shill payout from Israel to the tune of £697,000
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
The problem with your theory about "waiting for the right one" is that the world doesn't stand still.
All the while Labour is unelectable and waiting in vain for Corbyn to engage with the voters the country is being slowly and steadily marched to the right and further away from the policies you hold dear. I'm glad you feel that it's better to wait for Mr Right but I'm not sure those in the firing line do.
Think about this, if Blair hadn't won the election in 2001 do you think that William Hague would have taken the same view as Corbyn?
You see it's easy to "applaud" Corbyn for his stance, on Iraq, he wasn't asked to make the call while sitting in the hot seat. I held the same position....with the same lack of responsibility, I don't expect applause.
All the while Labour is unelectable and waiting in vain for Corbyn to engage with the voters the country is being slowly and steadily marched to the right and further away from the policies you hold dear. I'm glad you feel that it's better to wait for Mr Right but I'm not sure those in the firing line do.
Think about this, if Blair hadn't won the election in 2001 do you think that William Hague would have taken the same view as Corbyn?
You see it's easy to "applaud" Corbyn for his stance, on Iraq, he wasn't asked to make the call while sitting in the hot seat. I held the same position....with the same lack of responsibility, I don't expect applause.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Yes - I took the same position also. But it has to be said, we weren't nearly in the same position as Corbyn. He wasn't quite in the comfy position that you make out. Taking the stance he did was, for one thing, career suicide.fishtank wrote:
You see it's easy to "applaud" Corbyn for his stance, on Iraq, he wasn't asked to make the call while sitting in the hot seat. I held the same position....with the same lack of responsibility, I don't expect applause.
In fact, it goes a long way to explaining the crucifixion that he is having to endure even today from the remaining Blairites.
Don't you think there would be a good case at this point for those MP's that backed the invasion (that are still in Parliament) to be considering their positions this week ? Their credibility is shot. No use for them to say they were only going on the details provided by Blair (the lies that is) - if you and I , a pair of humble posties, were able to see through Blairs bull...t then surely for people in positions of responsibility such as MPs there should have been no problem.
Couldn't they hear the angry shouts of the people demonstrating out on the streets ? You know, the electorate, those that voted them in.
Or did they, perhaps, think it was going to be an electoral boost for Blair (as was the Falklands with Thatcher) - did they have an eye on their own career progression ?
It didn't quite pan out that way though did it ?
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Well where would we be if Corbyn was at the helm in 1939? The man is a weak appeaser. He can rattle on all day about how right he was 13 years ago, how great it would be to have a leftie government etc etc etc. The fact of the matter is he'll be drooling in a chair in the old folks home 20 years from now thinking those same thoughts, rhetoric and platitudes that he did in the sixties.
As for the Iraq war, we did what we did because we could, any ex-soldier would say that day in day out you train for war and you recognise the fact that there are going to be casualties should the event happen. Did I personally believe that weapons of mass destruction were in Iraq, well no I didn't but then again it wasn't just a nuclear threat but chemical and biological weapons which are much harder to detect and much easier to hide. So should we take a chance?
Do I want charismatic leader that has the ability to unite the party and win an election - no of course not give me a mediocre middle aged lefties who is incapable of leading the labour party in opposition let alone in government.
As for the Iraq war, we did what we did because we could, any ex-soldier would say that day in day out you train for war and you recognise the fact that there are going to be casualties should the event happen. Did I personally believe that weapons of mass destruction were in Iraq, well no I didn't but then again it wasn't just a nuclear threat but chemical and biological weapons which are much harder to detect and much easier to hide. So should we take a chance?
Do I want charismatic leader that has the ability to unite the party and win an election - no of course not give me a mediocre middle aged lefties who is incapable of leading the labour party in opposition let alone in government.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
You have no idea whats really going on do you ?dvbuk55 wrote: Did I personally believe that weapons of mass destruction were in Iraq, well no I didn't but then again it wasn't just a nuclear threat but chemical and biological weapons which are much harder to detect and much easier to hide.
ExxonMobil pulls out around $2.5 billion pa profit from its interests in Iraq - not least from the $4.2 billion sales, yes, you've guessed, back to the US military (and they aren't the only ones). Saddam wasn't villified for being a "dictator" - he was villified for nationalising his countries natural resources.
I personally, as did Jeremy Corbyn, object in the strongest terms possible to the working class (and members of my immediate family) fighting a rich mans war.
Listen dvb - you are most likely an alright kind of bloke - but I think with regards this particular thread you don't have much to add. It is with this in mind that I will, from here on in, not respond to your posts unless you make some sort of constructive addition.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
I think you over complicate things jet, don't think so much out on delivery, you'll do yourself a mischief. I will end on this note, that the next Labour Prime Minister won't be Jeremy Corbyn. It will be someone who unites the party and not splits it in half.
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
OK - Corbyn is on the ballot

Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Well he won't be representing the labour party in parliament jet, the 172 PLP will, who will elect a leader and perform as the real opposition whilst Jezza will be managing the 40 members who supported him. I would suggest the new Jezza party be called The Labour Rump. The utter arrogance of the man to put his personal ambition above the party is breath taking.jetblack wrote:OK - Corbyn is on the ballot![]()
![]()
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
When you think about it what a wonderfully simple way to infiltrate a party structure and destroy it from within, how many Labour members are Labour supporters?
Too much power concentrated in an area of the party open to all sorts of abuse with absolutely zero accountability to anyone.
If Corbyn wins this the Labour party is finished.
Too much power concentrated in an area of the party open to all sorts of abuse with absolutely zero accountability to anyone.
If Corbyn wins this the Labour party is finished.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
Reputation.
Trust.
These things have to be built up over time, often years. And once they're gone, they're gone.
A new young generation are knowing this to be true instinctively, as they grow up in a connected world (unlike when we grew up).
And in such a world, where we are all looking for someone who hasn't sold out, who has served their time, who stuck with their principles when everyone in the world was hell bent on calling you a traitor, a commie, politically naive, unpopular, anti semite, etc etc etc - enter someone WHO CAN BE TRUSTED,enter Jeremy Corbyn.
An absolutely massive day today for the Labour Party. And they have come good - just.
Goodbye Tony Blair - get your lawyers ready BTW. Goodbye Ms. Eagle. Goodbye Stephen Kinnock - it was your dad started this all off you know, don't let him tell you otherwise.
What are you banging on about ? This is a great day for democracy - and for the working people of the UK - and those not working also, lets not forget.
Trust.
These things have to be built up over time, often years. And once they're gone, they're gone.
A new young generation are knowing this to be true instinctively, as they grow up in a connected world (unlike when we grew up).
And in such a world, where we are all looking for someone who hasn't sold out, who has served their time, who stuck with their principles when everyone in the world was hell bent on calling you a traitor, a commie, politically naive, unpopular, anti semite, etc etc etc - enter someone WHO CAN BE TRUSTED,enter Jeremy Corbyn.
An absolutely massive day today for the Labour Party. And they have come good - just.
Goodbye Tony Blair - get your lawyers ready BTW. Goodbye Ms. Eagle. Goodbye Stephen Kinnock - it was your dad started this all off you know, don't let him tell you otherwise.
You are right - and 172 people almost subverted the will of 250,000.fishtank wrote:When you think about it what a wonderfully simple way to infiltrate a party structure and destroy it from within
What are you banging on about ? This is a great day for democracy - and for the working people of the UK - and those not working also, lets not forget.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
CWU support of Jeremy Corbyn
172 democratically elected people who know come the next election with Corbyn in charge they won't be 're-elected.
Call it self preservation if you like but sometimes you need something to lose to keep you straight, the Labour party members have nothing to lose, the don't care if Labour never has any power again as long as they get to choose the manner of its death.
Call it self preservation if you like but sometimes you need something to lose to keep you straight, the Labour party members have nothing to lose, the don't care if Labour never has any power again as long as they get to choose the manner of its death.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share



