An 'unofficial' forum for those who either work for Royal Mail or are looking to work for Royal Mail through the Angard Staffing Agency.This is an open forum.
BELIAL wrote:Always did think it very strange that the CWU failed to launch a legal challenge on this point during the last dispute. RM were sitting ducks but our representatives failed to fire?
They did launch it...they just bottled it at the last minute.
Can't be spending members money on costly legal challenges when there's trips to Washington to fund.
BELIAL wrote:Always did think it very strange that the CWU failed to launch a legal challenge on this point during the last dispute. RM were sitting ducks but our representatives failed to fire?
They did launch it...they just bottled it at the last minute.
Can't be spending members money on costly legal challenges when there's trips to Washington to fund.
Even more curious. Fully aware, initiated response then withdrew . Why would our representative body fail to prosecute an illegal act committed against the membership? Neither a challenge or costly in such a clear cut case
newbie2011 wrote:last week's (angrad week 1) payslip was royal mail, exactly the same as previous, can't see no difference, and still posted out as before. speaking with the dom in the delivery office i regularly work at, much at angrads annoyance, and he said that wherever you work, needs to send off your timesheets each week to make sure you get paid, also that angrad runs a different week to royal mail, last week's pay was all okay. any casuals received their contract back from angrad yet?
yes I have my contract...its a joke... a zero hour contract!
Angard are rubbish , conflicting emails ...no pay for several weeks .. dont answer the phone ..and if they do they just say they will call back and never do.. they owe me over 100 hours now I am thinking of stopping work until its sorted or taking some kind of action against them
if anyone wants specific details pm me ..
yes I have my contract...its a joke... a zero hour contract!
Angard are rubbish , conflicting emails ...no pay for several weeks .. dont answer the phone ..and if they do they just say they will call back and never do.. they owe me over 100 hours now I am thinking of stopping work until its sorted or taking some kind of action against them
if anyone wants specific details pm me ..[/quote]
i havent had my contract back yet and havent been paid at all - we can take legal action agaisnt them for not paying us as this is a breach of contract on their part as the contract they sent states we would be paid weekly
just posting to say I've had the same issues with angard...looks like its the same problem up and down the country....no idea where to begin with legal action though, I suspect I may have to represent myself
Still no contract and still no pay...except £110 seemingly paid at random two weeks ago another friend of mine is also in the same position...why are they not paying us? I am getting worried they simply dont have the money and I may never see the full amount..
still no return of my contract ..and still promises made on the phone and told they will sort it and call me back!! ..they never do!
I have the personal email of ...
Julie Hinchcliffe CMgr MCMI
Director of Operations
Maybe we should target one person together and ask for some answers? They came out with the excuse that they didnt have my hours today so I handed the phone to my line manager who told them that they had the hours and resent them there and then...they said they would call me back.........
BELIAL wrote:Something stinks ,how can a union allow this to go on?
Well they have written some strong letters to her who shall be obeyed - I'm sure they'll soon ramp the pressure up by writing a letter to the Times fairly soon.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts. Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility. If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Redneck wrote he was going to be worse off than the casual crowd. That's a joke right, you're on a contract we don't have any hour guaranteed and no proof of the hours we've worked. For four weeks my wages have been wrong and this week I've had none at all despite working, as I have no contract and no proof of my hours, 've been told to lump it. Some how I don't think you'll be worse off than me Redneck
Time for a new forum me thinks what with all the agency peeps coming on,will sort it out this weekend.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been. My BFF Clash The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Dorset Plodder wrote:It's not a SERVICE any more George, it's a BUSINESS.
This "Service" will NEVER be run as a "Business" Roy Snail has not got a clue on how a Business is run. They only want it run in a "Business" like manner when it comes to the workforce
I have still not been paid for work I done back in August. Angard never call me back and things are going down hill fast.
Come on RM get a grip of this problem or you will have no casuals left. We can't put up with this treatment for ever.
deanomac83 wrote:Our DO is refusing to deal with Angrad...all xmas casuals will be made up to FTCs.
Agree with the principle But how can your DO "Refuse" to deal with Angard?
Not 100% sure of the ins -and-outs of the manager's plans. I suppose they will hire thorugh Angrad, then cut out the middle man and give out at FTC for the month.....