ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Nothing
127
18%
Between £5 and £20
87
12%
Between £21 and £50
73
10%
Between £51 and £100
88
12%
Between £101 and £200
99
14%
Between £201 and £300
66
9%
Between £300 and £500
70
10%
Between £501 and £1000
56
8%
Between £1001 and £5000
15
2%
Between £5001 and £10,000
8
1%
Over £10,000
22
3%
 
Total votes: 711

k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by k979aaa »

Tips don't reflect in the service just that they deliver too rich areas if the rug was pulled from under them? Happy to do my job for this nation not what I receive in tips, Some people are so shallow and will be scared of their own shadow and in the goodness of time those who seek shall find not COVID £5 notes or piss wine but redemption from capitalistic forces of evil!
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Mr Blonde »

I did alright this year although the ones whose packets I've been taking to neighbours who didn't acknowledge me will be getting a deck of 739's this year.
RICARD020191962
Posts: 100
Joined: 06 Sep 2019, 13:40
Gender: Male

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by RICARD020191962 »

" Happy to do my job for this nation " wtf ? You are anything but happy judging by the way you lambast EVERYTHING from the Agreement to compulsory mask wearing. Can't imagine what someone who is UNHAPPY might post if you consider yourself happy. Guess I should just add it to the list of idiotic garbage that tends to be posted by one particular individual on this site.
dennyboycox
Posts: 56
Joined: 29 Jun 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by dennyboycox »

Mr Blonde wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 23:50
I did alright this year although the ones whose packets I've been taking to neighbours who didn't acknowledge me will be getting a deck of 739's this year.
read lots of these,,,, i will be doing the same as you mate 100%
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Mr Blonde wrote: ↑
01 Jan 2021, 23:50
I did alright this year although the ones whose packets I've been taking to neighbours who didn't acknowledge me will be getting a deck of 739's this year.
Totally Agree Mate! :Applause

I jokingly call it "My s**t List".... but I'm serious! Especially those E-Bay Junkies that get two or three packets a day, and expect to have them left in stupid, not very easy to access "Safe Places". :arrrghhh

Suddenly come January they're wondering why they've started to get 739s on a daily basis.... work it out Sherlock! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
val33
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Jan 2021, 10:33
Gender: Male

Re: How much in tips did you get this xmas?

Post by val33 »

I worked as a Christmas seasonal, mainly sorting parcels, but we had a postie off sick for 5 days, and his walk was my local area including my own address - I know all the streets so they put me on his walk for 5 days until he was back. It's literally the streets around the delivery office, all within a 3 mile radius so no van required. I got given a £30 M&S gift card and bottle of port - it would have been unfair to keep them so I gave them to him when he was back, much to his gratitude.

The unbelievable thing was my manager who advised me I should have kept them for myself :Applause