ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by norris9 »

I know of a van share pairing at my depot which is a young postie who wants to get done asap to get on their ghosting overtime and an older postie who doesn't.

One moans the other is too slow, the other moans the other wants to go too fast. The younger postie wanting the ghosting overtime drags the older postie round.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by number one »

So much bullying and name calling on this thread. No wonder managers think they can get away with it when their staff are doing it to each other.
Why can’t people just be happy for others instead of trying to pull them down to their unhappiness
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12196
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by SpacePhoenix »

number one wrote:So much bullying and name calling on this thread. No wonder managers think they can get away with it when their staff are doing it to each other.
Why can’t people just be happy for others instead of trying to pull them down to their unhappiness
People working for free means the DOMs can take hours out of the office, which will end up with walks being longer. It could also potentially be blocking a part timer from getting more hours or possibly from being made full time. It's also denying people the opportunity for ot
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by tommyrep »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
tommyrep wrote:REN Hoëk
I think your description is obvious to all the readers of this forum.
Selfish! and bricking it that any changes will upset their apple cart, or just another wind up merchant?
I can just imagine how anyone paired up with him would really feel? The prospect of him loosing out on OT?
And I am like a stuck record on the topic of intimidation from MANAGEMENT !!!! too, but your right no one likes a ....
Gee, the arrogance is astounding. Age will and illness may ensue sooner or later and his place on the scrap heap awaits.
I have considered he's just trolling. Which would be sad in of itself. But, It's also totally believable that someone like this exist's within the company. I bet he thinks that when he goes his office will go down the pan. When in reality he wont be missed one iota! People probably dread having to work with him. He's made it perfectly clear what he thinks of people that don't meet his "standards".
He may very well be trolling and enjoys provoking a reaction.
His depth of arrogance and selfish attitudes truly suits his moniker.
Unfortunately he is not alone within RM. He displays an attitude that is all too prevalent in the times we now live in.
A society that has lost any respect for others they deem lesser to them. It is pitiful that they do not realise or even care how others are treated so long as they are all right. How childish is a man who gets a kick out of bragging how much money he can make while accusing others of being lazy or simply incompetent by inference.
People all have varied abilities, age and physical characteristics have an impact on that ability. There is also a work ethic which is not governed by greed and self interest, most posties I know are not lazy they are conscientious honest people.
Some, no all, the self interested ones do not care one iota about the impact their actions and attitude has on others.
To assume everyone should work like submissive, or demented task driven competitors to deliver mail as fast as possible to allow or assist some other greedy sorts to earn even more money is both obscene and grossly offensive. A form of bullying and intimidation in its worst example. I would be ashamed to class him as a work colleague.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by tommyrep »

number one wrote:So much bullying and name calling on this thread. No wonder managers think they can get away with it when their staff are doing it to each other.
Why can’t people just be happy for others instead of trying to pull them down to their unhappiness
Happy for others? are you kidding! Happy for you to earn more money at the expense of others ill treatment?
Managers do bully and intimidate, with your kind of attitude they get away with it even more and YOU are the bully in thus instance by intimidation of your partners to up their game solely for your financial benefit. Hypocrit!
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by number one »

tommyrep wrote:
number one wrote:So much bullying and name calling on this thread. No wonder managers think they can get away with it when their staff are doing it to each other.
Why can’t people just be happy for others instead of trying to pull them down to their unhappiness
Happy for others? are you kidding! Happy for you to earn more money at the expense of others ill treatment?
Managers do bully and intimidate, with your kind of attitude they get away with it even more and YOU are the bully in thus instance by intimidation of your partners to up their game solely for your financial benefit. Hypocrit!
As a rep (if that is what you are) rule number one should be not to assume anything. You seem to have come to a conclusion with absolutely no evidence whatsoever that I am bullying my partner that I work with. You should be ashamed of yourself.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by tommyrep »

number one wrote:
tommyrep wrote:
number one wrote:So much bullying and name calling on this thread. No wonder managers think they can get away with it when their staff are doing it to each other.
Why can’t people just be happy for others instead of trying to pull them down to their unhappiness
Happy for others? are you kidding! Happy for you to earn more money at the expense of others ill treatment?
Managers do bully and intimidate, with your kind of attitude they get away with it even more and YOU are the bully in thus instance by intimidation of your partners to up their game solely for your financial benefit. Hypocrit!
As a rep (if that is what you are) rule number one should be not to assume anything. You seem to have come to a conclusion with absolutely no evidence whatsoever that I am bullying my partner that I work with. You should be ashamed of yourself.
I am NOT a Rep! I Was in the past! I realised when I was a beaten man, trying to look after the interests of the bullied intimidated posties with no backing from the old soldiers in the office, selfish bastards with whom you can relate.
It was a losing battle, a thankless task and taking its toll on my well being, frankly!
I was the most conduct coded person in the unit and if you know anything about CWU/Rep HR procedure that is uncommon in many areas. Not with me, I put my neck on the line against people like you in defence of B&H, intimidated posties.
I had personal experience of trying to deal with intransigent members and other non members who only thought about themselves, selfish individuals a few “number ones”. Their attitude was like a cancer, it spread with others following suit, a disease common in delivery. Management scoffed at my efforts openly telling me that any split within the posties was to his benefit, in effect I was wasting* my time. Area CWU officials never give the real support that the small units needed.
YOU should be ashamed of YOURSELF without any question of doubt. If you are younger and fitter than others, able to complete before time regularly or even have an easier duty? it’s wrong to ASSUME- as you infer- that everyone else should need to be up to your high standards by cutting corners, and accusing them of dragging their feet etc, etc. Your opinions are well noted on site of other colleagues. Quite frankly you have a despicable attitude, typical of a selfish bully.
Of course I have no evidence of what you do with your partner, maybe your regular partners floaters could judge better, confirm or deny what you do in your drive to get finished quicker and still enjoy all that ghost OT you love so much.?
I do not know you, if your on site views and rants replicate your horrible attitude and nature, I am glad I don’t!!!
You come on site highly defendant of the very people who initiate the bullying of fellow members - if you are even a CWU member. You do not appear to me to have any empathy for THEIR position, and would rather accuse them of being poor performers or childish for pointing the finger at you and your ilk for being the main cause of their intimidation predicament.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by number one »

Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by Ren Hoëk »

Well put TommyRep! I am also now convinced that Numberone is merely a troll. He's a union rep :crazy: :crazy: with that attitude :nana HE THINKS PEOPLE LOVE HIM :crazy: :crazy:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by aiden01 »

number one wrote:Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
So is that how you get all your ghost ot because of the lazy posties in your office...
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by number one »

aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
So is that how you get all your ghost ot because of the lazy posties in your office...
What a strange question. Sometimes I wonder if the people in here actually work on deliveries.
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by tommyrep »

number one wrote:Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
I have never taken the stance that there are NO lazy posties, so on that point I have never been ridiculous.
Like there are bully’s and selfish bastards, there are also some lazy people. If managers were as good at managing that aspect, dealing with poor performers, as they are dishing out intimidation to undeserving and decent honest posties that would be a step in the right direction.
Any mention in defence of posties I make is in support of those who are subjected to B&H, and intimidation at work.
What I find shameful with you claiming to be a Rep is how you can face those members subjected to B& H, what do you tell them when the approach you for support? “ I am being pressurised to complete without claiming any OT, because xyz can do it”? Not a difficult or unreasonable question to ask of any Rep.
Again I would question your long list of CV qualifications and achievements. My good upbringing does not sit well with calling you a liar. They are in total contrast with all other union reps experiences or achievable conditions for staff working in a modern time RM, DO! And in complete contradiction to that of CWUs philosophy of protecting members, while at work.
You think you are simply the best, dream on mate! I think you are a fraud with an over inflated ego, my view is not about being over protective or defensive my interest is in fairness, nothing more and nothing less!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by aiden01 »

:nana
number one wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
number one wrote:Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
So is that how you get all your ghost ot because of the lazy posties in your office...
What a strange question. Sometimes I wonder if the people in here actually work on deliveries.
No i actually work in a mc. but still find your posts very bizzare.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by number one »

tommyrep wrote:
number one wrote:Oh deary me you know so so little. Just to put it out there that I AM the union rep in my office and my colleagues think I am the best rep they’ve ever had.
In my office it’s still:
knock and finish
People get lots of overtime if they want it
People do finish early
No absorption
No issues with holidays
No bullying from management
Extended delivery paid

With all that said there ARE lazy posties in my office, to think that the size of Royal Mail not a single person is lazy out of the 70k-80k people they employ is ridiculous. However whenever you mention it on here people get all defensive and start calling you names. Shameful
I have never taken the stance that there are NO lazy posties, so on that point I have never been ridiculous.
Like there are bully’s and selfish bastards, there are also some lazy people. If managers were as good at managing that aspect, dealing with poor performers, as they are dishing out intimidation to undeserving and decent honest posties that would be a step in the right direction.
Any mention in defence of posties I make is in support of those who are subjected to B&H, and intimidation at work.
What I find shameful with you claiming to be a Rep is how you can face those members subjected to B& H, what do you tell them when the approach you for support? “ I am being pressurised to complete without claiming any OT, because xyz can do it”? Not a difficult or unreasonable question to ask of any Rep.
Again I would question your long list of CV qualifications and achievements. My good upbringing does not sit well with calling you a liar. They are in total contrast with all other union reps experiences or achievable conditions for staff working in a modern time RM, DO! And in complete contradiction to that of CWUs philosophy of protecting members, while at work.
You think you are simply the best, dream on mate! I think you are a fraud with an over inflated ego, my view is not about being over protective or defensive my interest is in fairness, nothing more and nothing less!
So now you have spoken or at least heard from every single CWU rep from every single delivery office and everyone of them has issues with bullying and harassment? Behave pal. They don’t approach me to tell me about any bullying and harassment because like I stated earlier, there simply isn’t any
tommyrep
Posts: 561
Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
Gender: Male

Royal Mail are back on the narrative of working all hours paid and want to use PDAs and other new technology to do resourcing and revisions. The union must oppose this move!

Post by tommyrep »

Ok “number one” you have me beat then, because I admit I have not spoken too or asked EVERY Rep to-gauge their B&H unit reports or of it ever happening! Could I just say, I do not see your Units working description as being anywhere near typical. You simply put it that other DOs do not have very good Reps. Where I do agree with some of your listed achievements, anything could be possible with a solid , united 100% backing from your Units CWU members. The focus on word “ United”. The problems being experience nationwide - the wildcat disputes indicate this- is mainly down to B&H by managers in units who do not enjoy much or any such unity, so the management can do as they like, exploiting that divide.
You portray a “ Utopia “ situ in your unit, a situation that YOU have personally achieved by your brilliant Rep skills and negotiation abilities. I truly wish your capabilities and talents could be transferable to our CWU leaders who have carved out a cosy, lucrative career move while being unable to match your success rate. Your skills are being wasted in a DO, and just think about the financial rewards!! ( as you have said, money is a big motivator in your worldly desire ) if you - due to your undoubted popularity in your locale and incredible negotiating abilities - could transfer that to a higher echelon of Union work everyone would be so grateful. Your fame and notoriety would assure a rapid career move directly into Dave Ward or Terry Pullinger’s office. Your name must be well known and revered in your area and that fame must be so obvious to the other CWU Reps as well as people within RM management.There must also be a long list of posties wishing to transfer to your la la land DO.