Regarding your suggestion number one I think the main reason against it is that roads would have to be split into sections. This introduces complications for IPS and sorting in general and results in higher likelihood of missorts. Best policy is to have whole roads on one walk frame.norris9 wrote:zz666 wrote:Van share is a flawed concept. There are two main disadvantages: it takes longer to deliver a packet than it does a letter, and you are only as quick as the slowest person.
I am not sure it's flawed. It seems the most logical way of doing things off the top of my head...
If you want to make the whole sorting/delivery process more efficient - I am sure there are ways...
1. I don't get why frames are not set up in order. You have got to bundle this bit from here, that bit from there, this bit from over here, this bit backwards, give this chunk to your partner etc.... Can someone set the frames up so that you can just go in chronological order. Loop 1, Loop 2, Loop 3, Loop 4, Loop 5, Loop 6, Loop 7.
2. Putting Posties who are of a similar speed together.
3. Making loops more equal. I feel some loops on walks I have done are not equal.
4. Leaflets slow you down a fair bit, but I guess there isn't much you can do about it. They slow you down when bagging up when you're trying to avoid picking the houses with leaflets but no letters. They make bags much heavier, they make the bundles you are holding during the round slide about as the leaflets are silky smooth, they don't fit through the letterboxes very easily, often getting ripped to shreds in small or sharp letterboxes.
5. Could you implement a system where a customer can print off a scannable barcode from the RM website, stick it to their door, and when Royal Mail come to delivery anything that needs a signature - the Postie can scan that barcode and that can be seen as an acceptance/signature? then the item can either be left in a safe place or put through the letter box.
6. Make a push for larger letterboxes, landscape not portrait, placed in the centre of doors. I think some of these changes have been pushed somewhat.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3226
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
We already do number 1 in our office. I assumed every office did.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
They never do number 2 on the list. Royal Mail won't pair too really slow posties together because it costs them too much in overtime and by contrast they don't want to pair too really fast posties together as they will be finishing hours before their time.
Loops will also never really be equal as its supposed to be driver loops/passenger loops
Can't see number 5 and 6 happening any time soon. In fact in the case of letterboxes some customers are fed up with all this junk we are posting and have opted for smaller letterboxes on the wall instead
Loops will also never really be equal as its supposed to be driver loops/passenger loops
Can't see number 5 and 6 happening any time soon. In fact in the case of letterboxes some customers are fed up with all this junk we are posting and have opted for smaller letterboxes on the wall instead
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
Yeah, I see your point with driver/passenger loops.postslippete wrote:They never do number 2 on the list. Royal Mail won't pair too really slow posties together because it costs them too much in overtime and by contrast they don't want to pair too really fast posties together as they will be finishing hours before their time.
Loops will also never really be equal as its supposed to be driver loops/passenger loops
Can't see number 5 and 6 happening any time soon. In fact in the case of letterboxes some customers are fed up with all this junk we are posting and have opted for smaller letterboxes on the wall instead
Also, yeah, RM want to have happy customers.....but they want to stick junk mail through customers post boxes every week, even to those who paste 'NO JUNK MAIL'. I gave some to a customer today and she said 'I feel sorry that you posties have to deliver this stuff' and then threw it instantly in her dustbin.
I reckon at least 80%+ of the junk mail goes instantly in the recycling bin. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 95%+.
It's part of the job, but it's not exactly a great customer experience to have this stuff coming through your postbox every week.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
If people don’t want it they can use the official opt out process. Our customers are the people who send the items and the door2door mail helps to pay our wages.norris9 wrote:Yeah, I see your point with driver/passenger loops.postslippete wrote:They never do number 2 on the list. Royal Mail won't pair too really slow posties together because it costs them too much in overtime and by contrast they don't want to pair too really fast posties together as they will be finishing hours before their time.
Loops will also never really be equal as its supposed to be driver loops/passenger loops
Can't see number 5 and 6 happening any time soon. In fact in the case of letterboxes some customers are fed up with all this junk we are posting and have opted for smaller letterboxes on the wall instead
Also, yeah, RM want to have happy customers.....but they want to stick junk mail through customers post boxes every week, even to those who paste 'NO JUNK MAIL'. I gave some to a customer today and she said 'I feel sorry that you posties have to deliver this stuff' and then threw it instantly in her dustbin.
I reckon at least 80%+ of the junk mail goes instantly in the recycling bin. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 95%+.
It's part of the job, but it's not exactly a great customer experience to have this stuff coming through your postbox every week.
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Rumour mill-van share not cost effective
We do. A lot of the loops make no sense because the planner was incompetent but they are in supposed delivery orderAcca Dacca wrote:We already do number 1 in our office. I assumed every office did.