ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Brain Fury »

osgoody1970 wrote:are you seriously making a comparison of 400 million paid into 150.000 posties pensions with 90 million paid into twelve directors pensions, i hope not!!!!
Not really although I found it interesting that their scheme has been closed but then I always thought it outrageous that there was a separate scheme. But if comparisons are wrong doesn't that work both ways? What is the point of whinging about the senior managers scheme? I'd be more interested in suggested solutions to the problems of our pension scheme. There is no doubt that the value of gilts has plummeted over the last couple of years and that presumably will have an impact.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Brain Fury »

spoodoo wrote:Every post of his sounds like a dom
And that automatically invalidates any point that I make does it? That sort of blinkered view is exactly the point I was trying to make. Fishtank gets it.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

spoodoo wrote:Every post of his sounds like a dom
aiden01 wrote:starting to think hes a senior manager :whistle
Sorry but why does that matter. We try to make everyone on here welcome Managers included. I honestly believe that if we can have a frank and honest discussion, albeit anonymously, with managers of all levels on here, we will better informed and better prepared when situations arise.

Also as long as their posts are honestly held opinions rather than regurgitated propaganda then they can post what they want, within the rules. They can post propaganda as well if they want as long as they are honest about it and provide the original links. I think we are adult enough to spot when someone is try to sell us a pig in a poke.

One of the biggest moans we have on here is that managers don't listen, isn't it a bit rich to do the same when they post on here. We can't have it both ways.

Ps. Post as a contributor not as a Moderator (just to clarify)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by DirtyHarry »

Even if whatever he calls himself, is a senior manager, the fact he will be given a hard time on here by colleagues, sick and tired, quite literally, after years of abuse in their workplaces, is his own fault.
If he doesn't like facing up to the justified anger of workers, he should crawl back under the stone he came from.

We don't need, nor want, to hear/see these inhuman creatures try and justify their constant attacks on us, or their apparent total dislike of anyone below senior management level.

Because of overpaid, underworked vermin like them, I have to go through the pain barrier on a daily basis in order to do my job, many more people besides me too.
That should never be the case for any Royal Mail employee.

I am not for giving them a fair hearing, at all. Not until they start treating us like human beings, and not bloody packhorses.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Brain Fury »

DirtyHarry wrote:Even if whatever he calls himself, is a senior manager, the fact he will be given a hard time on here by colleagues, sick and tired, quite literally, after years of abuse in their workplaces, is his own fault.
If he doesn't like facing up to the justified anger of workers, he should crawl back under the stone he came from.

We don't need, nor want, to hear/see these inhuman creatures try and justify their constant attacks on us, or their apparent total dislike of anyone below senior management level.

Because of overpaid, underworked vermin like them, I have to go through the pain barrier on a daily basis in order to do my job, many more people besides me too.
That should never be the case for any Royal Mail employee.

I am not for giving them a fair hearing, at all. Not until they start treating us like human beings, and not bloody packhorses.
And I thought everybody was welcome on this board ...
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: moya's gift, pay rise,etc etc!!!!

Post by hampshireman »

Brain Fury wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:How much has RM put into the main "pension pot" - quite a bit more than £90 million.


And how much did they pay into it from 1990 until 2003 while we were still paying into it.
I'll give you a clue,somewhere between £0 and £0.


Also I think you'll find the senior managers pension scheme has been closed - whereas our scheme hasn't been.
Yes it has.
Now senior management are paid lump sums every year in lieu of pension.
Last year Moya received £200,000 instead.
My heart is bleeding.
Oh yes I agree about the pension contributions but you know why - so that RM could make more profit that could be creamed off straight into the Government coffers. I've always said that our pensions were wrecked by successive Governments and complacent trustees. I think the decision to combine the section C scheme with A & B had a lot to do with it and I have always been suspicious about how we were suddenly all living longer as if it changed overnight. Incidentally I saw a report the other day that our children will have shorter lifespans because they are more unhealthy - I look forward to that being reflected in the actuarial tables for calculating pension benefits.

I wasn't asking anyone to feel sorry for Moya or senior managers. I was just suggesting that the idea that senior managers pensions haven't been affected is wrong. There is a lot to criticise RM about but when every issue is presented totally black and white - front-line good, management bad - it rather loses any point.


Very good... sort of reminds me of a book. Am sure you can think of the title and the relevant quote
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: moya's gift, pay rise,etc etc!!!!

Post by Brain Fury »

hampshireman wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:How much has RM put into the main "pension pot" - quite a bit more than £90 million.


And how much did they pay into it from 1990 until 2003 while we were still paying into it.
I'll give you a clue,somewhere between £0 and £0.


Also I think you'll find the senior managers pension scheme has been closed - whereas our scheme hasn't been.
Yes it has.
Now senior management are paid lump sums every year in lieu of pension.
Last year Moya received £200,000 instead.
My heart is bleeding.
Oh yes I agree about the pension contributions but you know why - so that RM could make more profit that could be creamed off straight into the Government coffers. I've always said that our pensions were wrecked by successive Governments and complacent trustees. I think the decision to combine the section C scheme with A & B had a lot to do with it and I have always been suspicious about how we were suddenly all living longer as if it changed overnight. Incidentally I saw a report the other day that our children will have shorter lifespans because they are more unhealthy - I look forward to that being reflected in the actuarial tables for calculating pension benefits.

I wasn't asking anyone to feel sorry for Moya or senior managers. I was just suggesting that the idea that senior managers pensions haven't been affected is wrong. There is a lot to criticise RM about but when every issue is presented totally black and white - front-line good, management bad - it rather loses any point.


Very good... sort of reminds me of a book. Am sure you can think of the title and the relevant quote
Thanks for your contribution to the debate. I'd reply more fully if I had any idea what you were on about.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by DirtyHarry »

Brain Fury wrote:
And I thought everybody was welcome on this board ...
Awwww, didums getting all teary-eyed, is he?

Whether you're made welcome on this board by the mods, or not....Is neither here nor there, mate.
You being a possible representative of management, all I will say is this.......You're treatment of us, is nothing short of farking disgraceful. If the British people are mad enough to sit back and watch another once respected public service become some rich man's plaything, then I hope some of the first casualties of the newly privatised postal service, will be some of the many, far too many, useless wastes of space inhabiting managers offices in Mail centres, DOs, and the boardroom. You will so richly deserve you're long-awaited come-uppence, and that's a fact.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by cloherty1976 »

What about the waste of space on the postpersons side. You must know a few..
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by fishtank »

cloherty1976 wrote:What about
whataboutery (plural whatabouteries) (informal, pejorative)
Protesting at hypocrisy; responding to criticism by accusing one's opponent of similar or worse faults

I would imagine a decent management structure in a decent well run business wouldn't end up with a significant number of space wasters and if they did,they would know how to move them on.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by DirtyHarry »

cloherty1976 wrote:What about the waste of space on the postpersons side. You must know a few..
What are you on about?
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Shambles »

I like kippers :cuppa
Last edited by Shambles on 23 Aug 2013, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by aiden01 »

DirtyHarry wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
And I thought everybody was welcome on this board ...
Awwww, didums getting all teary-eyed, is he?

Whether you're made welcome on this board by the mods, or not....Is neither here nor there, mate.
You being a possible representative of management, all I will say is this.......You're treatment of us, is nothing short of farking disgraceful. If the British people are mad enough to sit back and watch another once respected public service become some rich man's plaything, then I hope some of the first casualties of the newly privatised postal service, will be some of the many, far too many, useless wastes of space inhabiting managers offices in Mail centres, DOs, and the boardroom. You will so richly deserve you're long-awaited come-uppence, and that's a fact.
what about the irish welsh and scots as well mate were not all british. we all count too were all in this together.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Shambles »

:cuppa I like kippers
Last edited by Shambles on 23 Aug 2013, 16:23, edited 1 time in total.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail bonuses smack of private sector excess

Post by Brain Fury »

DirtyHarry wrote:
Brain Fury wrote:
And I thought everybody was welcome on this board ...
Awwww, didums getting all teary-eyed, is he?

Whether you're made welcome on this board by the mods, or not....Is neither here nor there, mate.
You being a possible representative of management, all I will say is this.......You're treatment of us, is nothing short of farking disgraceful. If the British people are mad enough to sit back and watch another once respected public service become some rich man's plaything, then I hope some of the first casualties of the newly privatised postal service, will be some of the many, far too many, useless wastes of space inhabiting managers offices in Mail centres, DOs, and the boardroom. You will so richly deserve you're long-awaited come-uppence, and that's a fact.

Quick everybody he's bullying and harassing me!

I don't represent management any more (I hope) than you represent a typical postman