ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
tetley smooth
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 79
Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 11:44
Gender: Male

Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday

Post by tetley smooth »

Drop a subtle hint to your hubby for one of those superduper footspa's as an early xmas pressie. Or do it old school way like i used to do 20+ years ago. Washing up bowl, radox salts and water as hot as you can stand. Absolute heaven a thirty minute soak. Also go to a camping or outdoor persuit shop and invest in some hiking or trekking socks, they have pads built into them on heals, balls of feat and arches they are not expensive and will help absorb some of the pounding your feet are taking.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I double on the socks and have impact innersoles in my shoes - cuts down on the pain but it never goes completely.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
thefemalepostie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 150
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 13:00
Gender: Female

Re: Absolutely terrified. Starting on Monday

Post by thefemalepostie »

mr ford wrote:
divadee wrote:Well I have arrived for my fourth day (second day out on a walk with trainer). I look like I have been to battle with my aches and pains and plasters and shin splint dressings!

I am ment to be doing half the round today. But with a runner for a trainer it will probably be less than a quarter as trainer wants to get back to do other work in do.

No tears this morning which is a good start. But the failure in me did drop a job application form into a place on the way to work!
whats shin splint dressings ?
I suffer from shin splints so physio applies a very strong tape called leukotape over a mepore dressing so it doesn't pull your skin off!!