ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Fishyfingers
Posts: 162
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
Location: Highland

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by Fishyfingers »

I'm in the North of Scotland,not got any of the census yet i thought we were getting them the same time as south of the border,only 500 coming to my office getting split between 5 rural duties.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Anyone else seeing an unusual number of shops (without any residential side to them) get these damn things, considering its all about how many people will be staying in the property on the night of the 27th March?

One final day to go and as much as this has given RM (but not us delivering them) some extra money, cannot say I will be upset if this is all done electronically in ten years time, as my body feels worse than I remember things being at Xmas...
frankieboy
Posts: 303
Joined: 12 May 2008, 18:34

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by frankieboy »

had our forms today, but then again we have been told that we,ve got a week to deliver them so not too bad :dance
George door to dawes
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
Gender: Female

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by George door to dawes »

Day 3 of the census week and i have yet to recieve a single one for my walk. Apparantly there are many yorks full in the loading bay just sitting there as the managers are waiting and hoping for a slow day to sort them. No wonder mail is down if this is how they treat MAJOR contracts. :Applause
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by RedBagMan »

Finished mine today :nana

Awaiting whatever has been "held back" (Mailsort ?) tomorrow :sad:
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by SWIM »

my office started delivering them on monday and finished them today.
'deal of the century' - dingo
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by krussel »

Finished mine today :neutral:

But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by chunk »

krussel wrote:Finished mine today :neutral:

But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat :sad:
ditto :mad
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by krussel »

chunk wrote:
krussel wrote:Finished mine today :neutral:

But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat :sad:
ditto :mad
It aint good. Took half the smeggers out today and it wa harder than the census :sad:

Trouble is you have 3/4 of my office coming in at 5.15am to catch up and then going out in their cars so what chance do you have :cuppa
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by Indy »

krussel wrote:Finished mine today :neutral:

But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat :sad:
I've done about 90% of my 5 d2d and its been a killer! :mad
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by smokerjim »

Well, all my census forms AND all 5 d2ds for this week have been done - I know, I know 1/6th d2ds a day, but apparently my walk was easy enough for 33% + more than 33% census ( as I planned for before I got shifted ) Tuesday was light on mail as I anticipated, and though today was a bit heavier, at least it is all cleared, as I fully expect we will get royally humped with mail that was held back for the last 3 days :roll: - and I hope my rest day cover appreciates the lack of d2ds on Friday :chuckle
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by thevardinator »

Took about 50/60 today, didn't have room or time for anymore, left office at 11:30. Lad who's regular on that still has 5 more days to deliver the other 430.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by Lounge Lizard »

krussel wrote:Finished mine today :neutral:

But now have 6 lots of d2d to complete by sat :sad:
I did Census and Door To Door on the same day, best because both were to all houses. :nana :nana
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by chunk »

thevardinator wrote:Took about 50/60 today, didn't have room or time for anymore, left office at 11:30. Lad who's regular on that still has 5 more days to deliver the other 430.
but its Wednesday... :hmmmm
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: A Pre-Emptive 'Census Shambles' Thread

Post by glenfiddich »

DGP1 wrote:
glenfiddich wrote:ours came in monday 7th but we're not starting to deliver them till monday 14th then 3 days to do them can't quite nderstand why we can't start taking them now spread over 7 days it would be so much easier
Are you in NI??
east yorkshire