I thought you used your new BMW for your delivery?????calpsy wrote:Does that even make sense ?? Maybe its the sun . Dunno .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pulled by IB ? ?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Yeah i do but not when im on driving . I can get more in the van therefore more work done therefore MANAGERS love me .

-
ripio
- Posts: 233
- Joined: 06 Sep 2008, 23:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
How does the security of mail requirement work for a walking postie with the new 'golf trolleys' we are supposed to be getting? I think the trolleys hold two mail pouches, so if you are going into a block of flats or whatever, you would have to leave the trolley at the ground floor. You could lock the trolley to railings or something but the actual pouches would still be vulnerable wouldn't they?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
There really needs to be a risk assessment done for each duty but we all know that managers spend their time doing posties work rather than doning their own work.ripio wrote:How does the security of mail requirement work for a walking postie with the new 'golf trolleys' we are supposed to be getting? I think the trolleys hold two mail pouches, so if you are going into a block of flats or whatever, you would have to leave the trolley at the ground floor. You could lock the trolley to railings or something but the actual pouches would still be vulnerable wouldn't they?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Yes, it has wheels which helps manoeverability on stairs or in and out of lifts.Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:ripio wrote:How does the security of mail requirement work for a walking postie with the new 'golf trolleys' we are supposed to be getting? I think the trolleys hold two mail pouches, so if you are going into a block of flats or whatever, you would have to leave the trolley at the ground floor. You could lock the trolley to railings or something but the actual pouches would still be vulnerable wouldn't they?
You take it with you silly
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Aren't we all ?Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:andy2007 wrote:Are you serious?
Very
-
motherhubbard
- Posts: 1001
- Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: in the cupboard
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
No. A lot of you are quite flippant.Lounge Lizard wrote:Aren't we all ?Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:andy2007 wrote:Are you serious?
Very
If you want a serious answer to something you really can only rely on Fishtank, Big Daz and TrueBlueTerrier.
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
He was being sarcastic .
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Who was ?calpsy wrote:He was being sarcastic .
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
I think he thought that I was being sarcastic. Although that's what I thought Jimmy Carr was doing.
How on Earth did taking those Golf Carts up flights of stairs, get past H&S?
You can't carry 2 bags up and down stairs. But you CAN carry them with the added weight of the cart?!?
I realise that as the wheels are taking the weight on each step. But you've still got to pull it up onto each one in turn.
How on Earth did taking those Golf Carts up flights of stairs, get past H&S?
You can't carry 2 bags up and down stairs. But you CAN carry them with the added weight of the cart?!?
I realise that as the wheels are taking the weight on each step. But you've still got to pull it up onto each one in turn.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Last edited by fishtank on 09 Jun 2010, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:andy2007 wrote:I think he thought that I was being sarcastic. Although that's what I thought Jimmy Carr was doing.
How on Earth did taking those Golf Carts up flights of stairs, get past H&S?![]()
You can't carry 2 bags up and down stairs. But you CAN carry them with the added weight of the cart?!?![]()
I realise that as the wheels are taking the weight on each step. But you've still got to pull it up onto each one in turn.
Quite easily when your built like me. Our office do bag weights on the individuals core strength, not the usual 16ks. I can carry 2 16k bags with my teeth! Look
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Thorby Bislam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 495
- Joined: 04 Jan 2008, 20:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: Desolation Row
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
That was my point. Some guy you've never seen before in your life turns up flashing a badge that might or might not be a forgery.andy2007 wrote:Why?Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:calpsy wrote:LOL u could imagine the scene with the IB shitting themselves . Would pay to see that .
IB wouldnt give a toss mate, theyre doing their job. It would get back to the dom who would think you were taking the pish out of him.
Ive not been stopped now for maybe 6 weeks , im getting the shakes . come on boys,where are you ?? Send me 1 of these sexy ladies for a change - the blokes are ok like, but not my type![]()
How are you supposed to tell the difference between criminals watching you, possibly with a view to stealing the Mail. And IB/Manager watching you, unless you recognise them (in the case of a Manager), or they produce ID?![]()
In answer to fmrPOSTIE's question: Yes, IB carry ID Badges. And they're only slightly different to ours. I won't go into detail on here, because they're too easy to forge. That's why (although you shouldn't have to put it on your phone bill) I keep recomending that people phone to check that the badges are genuine, before saying/doing anything that could jeapordise the security of the mail, at the request of someone claiming to be from IB.
I reckon your in the right to say "if you want to talk to me, do so back in the office where we can be sure of your identity.
Just spilt stain-remover down my shirt. Now how do I get that out?
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Pulled by IB ? ?
That's a good point. What gets me though, is why they don't make them harder to forge. That'd solve the problem of people either needing to refuse to talk to someone claiming to be from IB, anywhere but at the office, or having to use their own mobile, to check it's authenticity. Other companies are able to provide better IDs, so why can't we? 
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!