ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by OnAFlyer »

robmacca wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
If RM try and give the fast ones extra work they will just do the job as per RM's guidelines (the ones that dont are idiots)
I naturally work quick, but RM just added and added until it didn't matter how fast I worked, I could no longer 'gain time' - so not I generally work along RM's guidelines and settle for finishing later and book O/T.

Much prefered getting home early but those days have gone for me.............. :neutral:
That's exactly what I mean - you're not stupid enough to work for free, or run around just to get finished in time - and neither are most other people that go in early etc. The only ones in my office that work for free are the slow ones that go over, but they know they've gone over because they're slow so they don't book OT. The complete opposite to how some on here think it works.

RM can pile work on, make walks longer etc, but all that's going to do is make virtually every member of staff do the absolute minimum that they have to.
mucker
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 605
Joined: 25 Oct 2007, 14:12
Gender: Female
Location: cloud cookoo land

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by mucker »

start time in our DO is 0630,a fair few come in at 0430, 2 hours for free :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
"I have opinions of my own –strong opinions– but I don’t always agree with them"

Always Tell The Truth. If You Can't Always Tell The Truth,Don't Lie

"2010 And Beyond" The Year Of The Pay Cut...£3.01 Sub's For The Worst Deal In CWU History...
theeggster
Posts: 38
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by theeggster »

Yep our union rep is the same.I will swear that its a mental condition.They are addictted to coming in early even though they are bagged up early they cannot go anywhere until the missorts are done! I just snigger as i go out at the the same time as them as they just stand around or go shopping for an hour or longer.I really don't get standing around i start on time and work till i go out and if i finish early i know i have made that time.They must add on the time they come early on the end of their finishing time and it doesn't look so good does it? Pratts the lot of them.
morleyposty
Posts: 248
Joined: 09 Dec 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male
Location: yorkshire

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by morleyposty »

disgrace...no wonder they put more work on our shoulders with little time to complete.

i come in on time feck i aint running around like a headless chicken :arrrghhh
londonboy
Posts: 31
Joined: 18 Oct 2007, 18:50

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by londonboy »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
robmacca wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote: RM can pile work on, make walks longer etc, but all that's going to do is make virtually every member of staff do the absolute minimum that they have to.


One bloke comes in @ 5:35 and sits outside waiting like a hunter for the lorry to come, then goes through about 600 trays of mech to find his own, ends up sweating like a fecker @ 5:45 ! Then I see him cycling home @ 12 ! He`s paid till 2 , so thats 10 hours a week hes getting away with . I!

Why don't you become a manager. You sound like one.
razor
Posts: 132
Joined: 05 May 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male
Location: Rockin' all over the world

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by razor »

To be fair to our DOM anyone who comes in more than 20 mins early on a regular basis is given a talking to and he tells them straight if they keep doing it they will probably end up with extra work. Also the Union rep has a word with em. Some just wont stop though.

Like I have said though our office is job and finish so sometimes if I'm up and ready for work early i think f**k it, i might as well go in 20mins or so early as the sooner I'm in the sooner I can finish. The DO is only a 2min cycle ride from my house.

There is one woman who goes in an hour early EVERY day. On busy days she will be gobbing off ''this is bloody ridiculous, I'm cutting off, I wont go over my time'' to which everyone replies ''you've already done an hour!''
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by OnAFlyer »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
robmacca wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote: RM can pile work on, make walks longer etc, but all that's going to do is make virtually every member of staff do the absolute minimum that they have to.

Thats absolute bollux mate. At our place if they said you had to take out 2 walks per day ,BUT they would unlock the doors @ 3am (its currently 5:30 when I start, 6:15 everyone else) and you could start then (even though your still only paid from 6:15) , people would come in at 3am and try to get done early !!

I ask then why they come in early as I start officially at 5:30 so I see everyone who comes in early. And the excuses given are "Ive got 2 rounds to throw in", "couldnt sleep", "cant done on time if I dont start an hour early", "better than sitting at home not being able to sleep".

Our union rep has started an hour early, even when we were on 5am starts, just so he can the jump on everyone, for aboutr 20 years. If it was 3am start he`d come in at 2!! And even though he`s not allowed out until 9:35 he still comes in at 5:30 and then sits outside from 9am till 9:35 waiting to go !! Its got that bad, to save management paying locker staff 45mins OT to open up for me , they gave him the keys seeing as they know he`s gona be in @ 5:30 anyway !!

One bloke comes in @ 5:35 and sits outside waiting like a hunter for the lorry to come, then goes through about 600 trays of mech to find his own, ends up sweating like a fecker @ 5:45 ! Then I see him cycling home @ 12 ! He`s paid till 2 , so thats 10 hours a week hes getting away with . Its probably more like 5 if you include the 5 hours he works for free BUT is it anywonder theyre piling work on us ?? Dickheeds the lot of um !
Your office is full of retards then mate, because every single person in my office that comes in early makes the time back - apart from a mentally challenged PT'er who comes in at 5am, 4 hours early :left:

When we had banking hours trialled 99% of people started on time, didn't use cars, threw bags out etc. Maybe my office has an unusually low count of morons, but I didn't think so before now - your office sounds a banger :chuckle
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by chunk »

Managers don't care how early you start.
and they wont give you credit for it after all your probably in before they are!
but they note what time you finish! that potentially stores up problems for you.
they will try and get more ips out of you or asked to do other work .
you can be accused of making time that you haven't after all they didn't see what time you started,
you also make your mates appear slower sorters than they are
i was accused once of not throwing up nearly as fast as another guy !
who i know for a fact was coming in 40 minutes earlier than time.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

londonboy wrote:Why don't you become a manager. You sound like one.
MODERATORS POST

:no no :arrrghhh Please read the rules as this is blatantly against them:
Rules wrote:Just because someone has a different viewpoint or political position to you, it does not mean that they are a 'Manager' or a 'Union fanatic', any posts making such assumptions or generalisations will be pulled or amended and the poster warned.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by bandit1157 »

chunk wrote:Managers don't care how early you start.
and they wont give you credit for it after all your probably in before they are!
but they note what time you finish! that potentially stores up problems for you.
they will try and get more ips out of you or asked to do other work .
you can be accused of making time that you haven't after all they didn't see what time you started,
you also make your mates appear slower sorters than they are
i was accused once of not throwing up nearly as fast as another guy !
who i know for a fact was coming in 40 minutes earlier than time.
the definitive post. :Applause
It's life Jim but not as we know it
pondhopper
Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 06:46
Gender: Male
Location: Surrey

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by pondhopper »

bandit1157 wrote:
chunk wrote:Managers don't care how early you start.
and they wont give you credit for it after all your probably in before they are!
but they note what time you finish! that potentially stores up problems for you.
they will try and get more ips out of you or asked to do other work .
you can be accused of making time that you haven't after all they didn't see what time you started,
you also make your mates appear slower sorters than they are
:funneh i was accused once of not throwing up nearly as fast as another guy ! :left:
who i know for a fact was coming in 40 minutes earlier than time.
the definitive post. :Applause

Now I know why people are off sick... it's because of the workload!

Sorry... I had to do that but I do know what you mean though as it's the same in our office too.
The ones who come in early also tend to go out in their own transport too.. or they sneak off out before we are meant to go out!

I just hope that this is all stopped, the use of private transport and also the unofficial "early starts", in our office and soon as I've heard that the DOM (surprise surprise) actually agrees with this! I'll wait until this actually enforced before I do this... :Applause :dance :funneh

They are shooting themselves in the foot.. the idiots. Working for free! RM lap that up I bet.

I start at my time.. take my break in the middle of my duty, out on my delivery (as I'm able to due to where I can stop.. I won't say where I am based though) and... if I am going to be late then I tell them before I go out, with a witness present, that I may well be cutting off. So they know before hand.. and if I do have to cut off then I call them to tell them I am doing it!
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by axeman »

no doubt on your own phone ? get them to supply a phone i did !!
pondhopper
Posts: 54
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 06:46
Gender: Male
Location: Surrey

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by pondhopper »

axeman wrote:no doubt on your own phone ? get them to supply a phone i did !!
Nope..! I use a call box on my round.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by axeman »

very lucky the ones on mine are constantly vandalised therefor rendered unuseable :shock:
russell1973
Posts: 19
Joined: 24 Feb 2009, 14:58
Gender: Male

Re: PEOPLE WHO START EARLY AND WORK FOR FREE

Post by russell1973 »

DaveF14 wrote:
jcjd wrote:
DaveF14 wrote:
royalmailsoldier wrote:in my office they come in early an hour early in most cases,dont take ther breaks ,use there cars then have a cheek to moan about having to lapse,dont these idiots realise they were 1 of the main reasons lapsing walks were introduced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its the ones that take their time and dont pull their weight. Thats the reason why we are lapsing. Generally the posties that come in early are quick, efficient and set a good standard with no mistakes. Punt the ones that are not up to standard and milk thier duties. Then the office would run better and no lapsing would be required.
What chance has any union got with people like you :no no , it's like hitting your head against a brick wall or perhaps you already have. :crazy:
No i normally jump over the brick wall and keep running to my next delivery point. My customer is happy. So am i.
WHAT A FANNY.........YES FANNY.