ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What annoys you the most?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Charliecat
Posts: 92
Joined: 16 Dec 2017, 09:29
Gender: Female

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by Charliecat »

A note that says “after you’ve walked back halfway down the road to my house and you’ve got a parcel for me ...I won’t be in so can you now walk all the way back and leave it at the house at the top of the street” ...well no I can’t so here’s your card to collect it!!
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by HTPostman »

A few more....

People trying to hold the dog by the collar while answering the door.

Stupid arrangements on rurals eg put the mail in the kitchen if it’s a Monday, Wednesday or Friday unless there’s a red tractor in the yard in which case it goes in the outhouse but not if the cows are in the field.

Double slots and D2Ds and people only taking where they went so you’re then left wondering who the D2Ds are for.

People who open the door as you’re walking away, look at you then close it. What’s that all about?

Idiot colleagues eg being given a WTL about not carrying parcels in the cab and signing a form to say you’ve watched the video. Then watching them half an hour later load parcels into the cab.

Post offices! It’s annoying when you go into a busy one carrying a mountain of local collects and the staff can see you struggling but rather than break off they keep serving the customers. Plus it’s virtually impossible to maintain social distancing and I feel a moron just standing there waiting for a few minutes. What do the rest of you do? I had a similar experience in a bank (pre Covid) where I had a Special that needed a signature. I walked to the front but was told I’d have to join the long queue like everyone else so I filled out and handed them a P739 instead.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
sorefeet17
Posts: 299
Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by sorefeet17 »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 18:31
A few more....


Post offices! It’s annoying when you go into a busy one carrying a mountain of local collects and the staff can see you struggling but rather than break off they keep serving the customers. Plus it’s virtually impossible to maintain social distancing and I feel a moron just standing there waiting for a few minutes. What do the rest of you do? I had a similar experience in a bank (pre Covid) where I had a Special that needed a signature. I walked to the front but was told I’d have to join the long queue like everyone else so I filled out and handed them a P739 instead.
Any shop or Bank that asks me to queue would be told that "ok I will queue but I will start writing out this red card, if you don't get to me by the time its completed then you will be the one queuing at the callers office"
To be fair most places are pretty good and I don't mind waiting if they are serving someone, but I do tend to barge in any queue (only while I'm working)
Roccat4
Posts: 25
Joined: 09 Dec 2018, 10:39
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by Roccat4 »

Neighbours in the terraced houses opening the door when you knock on the next door and asking "Did you knock my door?" and looking at you in disbelief when you say no. Always wish that the ones from the house you were knocking on were so fast to get to the door.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by Postie45 »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 18:31
What do the rest of you do? I had a similar experience in a bank (pre Covid) where I had a Special that needed a signature. I walked to the front but was told I’d have to join the long queue like everyone else so I filled out and handed them a P739 instead.
Ive always walked to the front of the queue, our transaction is going to be very quick and imo is a priority. If they told me to go back in the queue then like you id write the 739.
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by HTPostman »

sorefeet17 wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 19:42
HTPostman wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 18:31
A few more....


Post offices! It’s annoying when you go into a busy one carrying a mountain of local collects and the staff can see you struggling but rather than break off they keep serving the customers. Plus it’s virtually impossible to maintain social distancing and I feel a moron just standing there waiting for a few minutes. What do the rest of you do? I had a similar experience in a bank (pre Covid) where I had a Special that needed a signature. I walked to the front but was told I’d have to join the long queue like everyone else so I filled out and handed them a P739 instead.
Any shop or Bank that asks me to queue would be told that "ok I will queue but I will start writing out this red card, if you don't get to me by the time its completed then you will be the one queuing at the callers office"
To be fair most places are pretty good and I don't mind waiting if they are serving someone, but I do tend to barge in any queue (only while I'm working)
I should add it’s the post offices in co-ops/shops where I’ve had issues. Most actual post offices are pretty decent.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by HTPostman »

Postie45 wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 20:24
HTPostman wrote: ↑
02 Dec 2020, 18:31
What do the rest of you do? I had a similar experience in a bank (pre Covid) where I had a Special that needed a signature. I walked to the front but was told I’d have to join the long queue like everyone else so I filled out and handed them a P739 instead.
Ive always walked to the front of the queue, our transaction is going to be very quick and imo is a priority. If they told me to go back in the queue then like you id write the 739.
I’ve only done that once but we just don’t have the time anymore do we? Plus parcels are getting bigger and heavier and I’m not standing there with a local collect microwave! Just to add it’s post offices inside shops (co-ops) where I’ve had queuing/waiting issues, most actual post offices are decent.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by Jpro747 »

A few more:
When your clearing the post office and the same faces ask if you can wait for their parcel and it turns out to be a return for boohoo fashion - f**king REALLY???
Finding missorted parcels in your york and handing them to the guy who’s rushing out the door only for them to moan at you as if it’s your fault - don’t come in early then you knob!
Lost people asking for directions that get pissy when you don’t know - Two words; SAT NAV
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by HTPostman »

Jpro747 wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2020, 21:33
Finding missorted parcels in your york and handing them to the guy who’s rushing out the door only for them to moan at you as if it’s your fault - don’t come in early then you knob!
I have this most days. Even had one woman having a real go at me saying I shouldn’t be handing her missorted parcels at this time, when I said I’d only come in 10mins before she said I should come in earlier then...for free. No love, next time I’ll just put them on your frame after you’ve gone and you can have a phone call from the manager asking you to return to pick them up.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
HTPostman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1507
Joined: 01 Sep 2008, 23:53
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by HTPostman »

Another one: Notes on doors saying ‘ring this number.’ I don’t use my phone to ring customers. One guy here was ringing customers, leaving his number with others saying just text him if there’s ever any issues....guess who started getting phone calls on his weeks off asking why they aren’t getting their mail.

To be honest it’s mainly businesses who do this as they don’t have anyone on reception but again, invest in a buzzer or a mailbox or something. Back to the depot it goes.
The day is gonna come when we’re all gonna have to testify.

526
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by wacko74 »

HTPostman wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2020, 06:02
Jpro747 wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2020, 21:33
Finding missorted parcels in your york and handing them to the guy who’s rushing out the door only for them to moan at you as if it’s your fault - don’t come in early then you knob!
I have this most days. Even had one woman having a real go at me saying I shouldn’t be handing her missorted parcels at this time, when I said I’d only come in 10mins before she said I should come in earlier then...for free. No love, next time I’ll just put them on your frame after you’ve gone and you can have a phone call from the manager asking you to return to pick them up.
I also get wound up with them getting an annoyed at me... blame your fellow full time sorters, not me!
onejontwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 17:08
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by onejontwo »

Ive always walked to the front of the queue, our transaction is going to be very quick and imo is a priority. If they told me to go back in the queue then like you id write the 739.
[/quote]

Out of interest, what do you write on the P739 card ie. refused , inaccessible etc?
onejontwo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 82
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 17:08
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by onejontwo »

Don't you just hate the teeny weeny Christmas cards smaller than the actual postage stamp that always seems to be at the bottom of your bag EVERY day!
PostmanBitesDog
Posts: 1428
Joined: 17 Feb 2019, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by PostmanBitesDog »

onejontwo wrote: ↑
05 Dec 2020, 19:59
Don't you just hate the teeny weeny Christmas cards smaller than the actual postage stamp that always seems to be at the bottom of your bag EVERY day!
Equally annoying are those dark red Xmas envelopes with an address written in black or blue pen. :sad:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: What annoys you the most?

Post by k979aaa »

Dog owners that use the post-box as a latrine for their pets!