You're forgiven Pete. Same happens in our office and it causes a lot of ill feeling. There's a couple I still ignore, after they chose to work in the 2007 ? dispute. Mind you, I never really spoke to 'em before.postslippete wrote:bertieboy wrote:Well done Gaz. It seems irony/humour is lost on here97gaz wrote:Are we sure Bertieboy wasn't maybe being just a tad sarcastic? That's the way I read it.postslippete wrote:Bertieboy - The reason we got the best pay and t and c's is because of the Union. If we all voted NO then Royal Mail will change our working hours, with loads of redundancies so that they can introduce a longer outdoor span. Maybe it will happen anyway, but with the Union, things will be agreed and they will be fair i.e. the Union want a shorter working week for it. Its really Royal Mail who should have 'no fight to pick' with us but believe me they are very determined to change our working lives for the worse....![]()
Actually, the irony of all this is the fact that some posties will still go in and work their shift even if there is a National Strike. It happened at our place when we have had strikes before and all they say is "I can't afford to lose a day's pay" and it does annoy me because whilst some of us lost money fighting for what we have got - they haven't as they don't belong in the Union and they have not lost out financially whilst still taking the better pay rises and terms and cons that the Union has agreed plus the Unions Xmas bonus![]()
So when I read the comments I didn't immediately pick up on sarcasm but the fact that every postie is in for themselves.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
propaganda bombardment
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Yeah would it really be so hard to string a proper sentence together ?tone123 wrote:yet more rubbish today but this time it isn't even a coherent sentence; "Right now retailers thinking about delivery company for Christmas."![]()
Written by Yoda thinks I.
-
Dee Plish
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:05
- Gender: Male
- Location: Atop many steps
propaganda bombardment
An anonymous Canadian said "I don't give a damn about Royal Mail. When it all goes tits up through my ineptitude, I've got a job elsewhere - best job, best T's and C's, no fight to pick for me".
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
propaganda bombardment
RM love to quote "best jobs", if bullying,harassment constant increase in workload,poor working practice and equipment and below average pay is the considered "best jobs", I can't imagine what they consider bad jobs.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Obviously written by the dolts who know best!TheTrolleyMan wrote:Yeah would it really be so hard to string a proper sentence together ?tone123 wrote:yet more rubbish today but this time it isn't even a coherent sentence; "Right now retailers thinking about delivery company for Christmas."![]()
Written by Yoda thinks I.
-
Crown_jewel
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 23 Jun 2011, 17:29
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Looks like vote no is the new party piece on the propaganda announcement. Well sorry, moya but me and everyone else at our office are voting yes and are willing to fight this as long as it takes to get some dignity and respect back into the job from you.
-
poisonivy6
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 30 Nov 2016, 18:32
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Apparently , Moya greene is asking Zammo from grange hill to re release his song " just say no " , its going to be played every Tuesday at WTL sessions.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Had a bit of "vote no" propaganda from lino this morning at the daily brief. Surprised by lack of union rep to give the cwu viewpoint!
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
poisonivy6 wrote:Apparently , Moya greene is asking Zammo from grange hill to re release his song " just say no " , its going to be played every Tuesday at WTL sessions.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
propaganda bombardment
Do you all know "Right now retailers thinking about delivery company for Christmas" try easyjet bet they get a good deal of our airmail now!
-
sean38
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 15:42
propaganda bombardment
Not being funny but all the propaganda s**t they've send us the cost of that they could of used that money for our pay rise,and what these twats in there ivory towers don't realise is us the workers have earned the money to put them there.
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
An anonymous farmer has said that If we go on strike then Henrietta the hen could refuse to deliver her award winning free range eggs !
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
propaganda bombardment
I heard a common phrase a few days ago that I'd never heard before "everything before the 'but' is bullshit".
Same thing here, everything after "From Royal Mail ... " is bullshit.
Same thing here, everything after "From Royal Mail ... " is bullshit.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
propaganda bombardment
their aim is to destroy the union ... you need to vote for IA the alternative is nae union if it is a NO the Union will be ignored by Royal Mail
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Krafty
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 14:27
- Gender: Male
propaganda bombardment
Don't forget your days off as well.WOBBLY wrote:The address side was the same, the 'postcard picture' side was different! I filed them straight into the recycling.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:postslippete wrote:There always one
Actually, I got 2 today, both the same.
![]()
![]()
RMTV today was more propaganda so I just surfed Facebook on my phone instead! The only things I'm interested in at anymore are my start and finish time and that my wages are in the bank on a Friday!! Oh yeah...... and that I vote yes to strike action when we get balloted
That's what I look forward to.