The Basic time is the 'allowed' time for any given task or element at 100Bs .... the percentages are added onto this to give a standard time or a RM planning value.wannabeek wrote:I'm not sure I'm reading that chart correctly. It says 5 percent of my 'basic time' (does that mean my working day?) is required for 'personal needs'. 5% of an 8 hr day is 24 mins. That is one very long wee. It would take a lady over 33 mins to do it apparently. Is that because they wash their hands after?![]()
Also if I lifted 25kg (that's a full sack of potatoes, quite doable if healthy and lifted correctly) I'd need over an hour to recover? I must be reading it wrong.
Assuming someone (male) worked for 8 Hours (480 Mins) and picked up the basic allowances of 5% for personal needs, 4% for basic fatigue and had to stand throughout their working day 2% then the basic time would be 480/1.11= 432.4 Mins which means the portion of the standard time allowed for personal needs would equate to 432.4 x 0.05 = 21.6 Mins/Day
The reason that women have slightly higher personal needs is due to the menstrual cycle.
The allowances for lifting or application of force are only applied to the time spent on elements of work that involve it you would never have a job that entailed 100% of your time lifting a sack of potatoes (although some Amazon employees may beg to differ).