ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ballot result

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by dvbuk55 »

redrobber wrote:4th November. Not good enough. We should be taking action at the first availible opportunity and should be continued until a deal is done.
Absolutely! Why the delay? It should have been the 26th and 28th of October, why are we stalling? It looks like the leadership once again are baulking at the thought of industrial action. We were all pretty sure it would be a YES - it is and RM have had plenty of time to up the offer and haven't. :thumbdown
wiganpostie
Posts: 670
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:16
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by wiganpostie »

I'm guessing there is a three week delay to allow Moya to come to her senses and table a decent offer. I don't think that will happen though, so I say f**k 'em, and the sooner the better. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! :crazy:
R@YAL F@IL
Posts: 448
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by R@YAL F@IL »

Striking on a Monday :shock: .... Means heavy Saturday and heavy Tuesday :hmmmm
NO bags on shoulders please except for Moya who keeps her big fat wage packet in hers
redrobber
Posts: 51
Joined: 07 Oct 2007, 18:36

Re: ballot result

Post by redrobber »

wiganpostie wrote:I'm guessing there is a three week delay to allow Moya to come to her senses and table a decent offer. I don't think that will happen though, so I say f**k 'em, and the sooner the better. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! :crazy:
Exactly. It's a massive yes vote and we should be right on the offensive and even Christmas shouldn't be a deterrant. FFS this is our futures we our talking about here. If the executive are gonna piss around like this we may as well not bother.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by fishtank »

wiganpostie wrote:I'm guessing there is a three week delay to allow Moya to come to her senses and table a decent offer. I don't think that will happen though, so I say f**k 'em, and the sooner the better. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! :crazy:
Dave Ward wrote:To build on the progress we have already made we have now offered the company another two weeks to conclude discussions. But if they are not prepared to make a new and improved offer and reach the agreement you deserve – we will hold a 24 hour strike on the 4th November.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:I'm guessing there is a three week delay to allow Moya to come to her senses and table a decent offer. I don't think that will happen though, so I say f**k 'em, and the sooner the better. Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war! :crazy:
Dave Ward wrote:To build on the progress we have already made we have now offered the company another two weeks to conclude discussions. But if they are not prepared to make a new and improved offer and reach the agreement you deserve – we will hold a 24 hour strike on the 4th November.
Well in case Daves confused it's a lot closer to 3 weeks than 2 and its unacceptable.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: ballot result

Post by Cedar_Room »

I'm with the union all the way but it should be the 7th of Nov.

As has been said,Mondays & Tuesdays are light days...Thursday is the busiet day,strike then & hit 'em where it hurts.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
llcoolh
Posts: 129
Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by llcoolh »

Good for you guys, well done 78% YES :thumbup !!! Let's see what Moya gonna do about this. Wednesday strike would cause more disruption than Monday. :hmmmm
Last edited by llcoolh on 16 Oct 2013, 16:17, edited 2 times in total.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: ballot result

Post by cloherty1976 »

There won't be a strike as you now. Deal of the century will be coming. Feel sorry for delivery as you will get shafted most. If they had at least a 3 day strike it would have got sorted quickly. Waste of time!!
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: ballot result

Post by Shambles »

The thumb screws have been applied with the YES Vote....which is the MOST Important thing...it will be interesting to watch the screws being turned, and the subsequent outcome, which I have believe will make us ultimately victorious in our aims.

We have been patient, we need to continue, stand firm, 'keep calm and carry on' :thumbup
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by Jynxx »

I was thinking the same but you have to consider that If we said right lads out next weekend it would have made us look unreasonable, doing it this way we have given RM 2/3 weeks to put something on the table (given they have had 6 months to do something else other than try to jam the previous offer down our throats continuously) if they refuse to negotiate then we go on strike making them look unreasonable, plus it gives us a couple of weeks to get a few things in order once we do go on strike.
The balls in their court now, I'm quite interested to see what happens next. (I do agree from a delivery perspective a wednesday would have been a better day to strike) I just hope we don't end up with another deal of the century. :pray

Edit: I would have loved to see Moya's face, I honestly believe with all the propaganda the £300 bribe etc they have been spending a small fortune on past 6 months she wouldn't have been expecting a Yes to strike vote, makes you wonder with all the money and time wasted on all of that they could have actually done something productive and spent the money on a decent pay rise.
Last edited by Jynxx on 16 Oct 2013, 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by chrisj »

cloherty1976 wrote:There won't be a strike as you now. Deal of the century will be coming. Feel sorry for delivery as you will get shafted most. If they had at least a 3 day strike it would have got sorted quickly. Waste of time!!
You are right about delivery getting shafted more during a strike. The same thing after bank holidays.

I know a lot of people here boast about working to their time but a large majority also come in early in other to finish early. That way, they end up doing more when things are busy.

In most other part of Royal Operations, the workers cannot really be made to do more than they can and could do within their contracted hours (not without paying OT anyway)but delivery it is different; it is one man one job or two in P&L.

One day strike on Monday - folks rush in on Tuesday and moan a lot - managers cajoles, threatens and bullies some to do as much as they can. Even people that cut-off end up doing more...

From Dave's comments and body language, it appears that the Union are desperately trying to avoid a strike.

This is a not an overwhelming Yes as some are spinning it. Lots of people abstained and 4:1 is not great. The actually number that will strike will not be 4:1 because of the £300 bribe (and if that had come early, the result will be even worse).
skull
Posts: 450
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by skull »

All that effort from the union and it's members to get 78% support and then one day of action announced, I can't get my head around it and feel totally deflated. :sad:.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by daveyeff »

skull wrote:All that effort from the union and it's members to get 78% support and then one day of action announced, I can't get my head around it and feel totally deflated. :sad:.
one day of action is the start. there will be a series of rolling strikes after that, then a ballot to boycott dsa and stop overtime. chill.
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: ballot result

Post by chrisj »

So for every 4 posties in an office 1 postie will turn up at work. That will cover the Specials and perhaps most of the packets. And might even do some offices... Add a number of casuals to the mix in MDEC and Mail Centres, RM might call the Union's bluff on a second strike day.

A quick improved deal will be what the CWU are looking for because a second strike day might be even be less successful.

Just saying... no political or personal agenda. I am a rationalist!