ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
-
neale
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 22:08
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Thanks for the clarity, i know now how to find answers to any queries i have in future. Postman i couldn't agree with you more the whole D2D pot should be delivery supplement only . Part-timers, if they do full delivery, should also receive the the full supplement. They may not always have to box their mail in but the still have to deliver it.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Sadly, I doubt that anyone can give you much clarity on this particular issue at the moment. Because as Dvbuk55 said, it's still being discussed. There are some people getting it at the moment, who could potentially have to pay it back. And others who aren't getting it yet, but probably should. It's a rediculous situation really, as they should have sorted all this out before the vote.

Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
cyclesareus
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 31 Oct 2009, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
So what about when you're off on the sick lets say a week or a fortnight - RM mark you as being off for a full 7 days or 14 days, which means they're counting a Sunday as a sick day - Surely this can be legitimate??? So if you're on the sick then RM think they own you on a Sunday..!
Also when you're on Holiday you lose you Day~Off - I personally think we should be re-embursed our Days Off when we're on Holiday... It would be nice to get something nice in return for working hard all year round.
PostieWithTheMostie!
Offline
From what I remember of the rule book, you cannot be sick and on holiday at the same time. The upshot is that if you are ill whilst on holiday then RM have to give you back your leave for the days covered by your "Well Note". I suppose that, depending on your length of service with RM, they may not pay you for those same days though!. Logically therefore, you cannot have a "day off" either (including a Sunday I presume) if you have a well note covering that day. If you cannot be having a "day off" when you are ill and covered by a well note then perhaps RM should, again depending on your length of service with RM, pay you - even for a Sunday. RM certainly behave as if they own you 24/7 and think that they can behave accordingly.
Also when you're on Holiday you lose you Day~Off - I personally think we should be re-embursed our Days Off when we're on Holiday... It would be nice to get something nice in return for working hard all year round.
PostieWithTheMostie!
Offline
From what I remember of the rule book, you cannot be sick and on holiday at the same time. The upshot is that if you are ill whilst on holiday then RM have to give you back your leave for the days covered by your "Well Note". I suppose that, depending on your length of service with RM, they may not pay you for those same days though!. Logically therefore, you cannot have a "day off" either (including a Sunday I presume) if you have a well note covering that day. If you cannot be having a "day off" when you are ill and covered by a well note then perhaps RM should, again depending on your length of service with RM, pay you - even for a Sunday. RM certainly behave as if they own you 24/7 and think that they can behave accordingly.
-
Sergeant Blast
- Posts: 140
- Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up North
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
My contracted hours are only 20 hours over 5 days a week. Therefore my delivery supplement is little over a tenner. I just deliver, my bagging etc is done for me although I've always prepped and delivered the D2D. As D2D is now normal mail am I obliged to prep this or should it be put up in the frame with rest of the mail?
-
Pat Ostman
- Posts: 2797
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.
Re: Door-to-Door Delivery Payment unfair to Part-timers.
Look at is this way mate, its the only way.Sergeant Blast wrote:My contracted hours are only 20 hours over 5 days a week. Therefore my delivery supplement is little over a tenner. I just deliver, my bagging etc is done for me although I've always prepped and delivered the D2D. As D2D is now normal mail am I obliged to prep this or should it be put up in the frame with rest of the mail?
Do whatever they want you to do, safe in the knowledge you only have to work five hours. D2D's not prepped and you do not want the overtime? They have a choice!
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one