ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

cwu fees

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
world class male
Posts: 906
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Re: cwu fees

Post by world class male »

Seymour Buts wrote: ↑
15 Nov 2020, 10:39
I've made over 30 grand per year in the last three years, that's a good wage for unskilled work. That luxury is afforded by the union.
you would have still earned 30k the last 3 years regardless due to the situation of the world

i get that some cling to what they achieved for us in the past, but over the last few years i'm struggling to justify their existence other than personal reasons if needed
i'm not in the "down tools now" brigade but pay deals should be agreed to actually start in april, not to start discussions,
we all know it's a ploy by RM to accept a smaller pay deal in oct then uncle terry will announce a fantastic back pay lump sum of a few quid and will add the holiday pay fiasco payment they agreed without our say and most people will jump on it just because xmas is approaching
Kenfandango
Posts: 694
Joined: 19 Oct 2021, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: cwu fees

Post by Kenfandango »

I never joined, mainly as I'm a P/Ter (currently awaiting a new contract,) and the money is pretty low without the OT so I decided I'd put it off until I got made full time.
8 months later I realize they'll either never bother, or add in "work every Sunday" to the FT contract...