ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

E-Trikes: Will this work?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
barcajr
Posts: 168
Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
Gender: Male

E-Trikes: Will this work?

Post by barcajr »

I can imagine the abuse we'd get from motorists stuck behind one plus the stick from the kids and many adults on the council estates
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

E-Trikes: Will this work?

Post by Brandy »

Heard today that RM are going back to the old bikes,any truth in this?
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

E-Trikes: Will this work?

Post by Seymour Buts »

Brandy wrote:Heard today that RM are going back to the old bikes,any truth in this?
There's a million rumours knocking round; this one I really can't see though. Imagine the walks of today on bikes. The 'old' days predate me but senior posties have told me what the walks were like in our office. Some were literally half the size they are now. Mail has dropped, but parcels are up. You'd struggle to get one loop of some of the walks in our office on a bike! The e bikes I could see if they have drivers running the oversized on afternoons which seems to be the rumour knocking around; I can't see a return to push bikes though.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

E-Trikes: Will this work?

Post by CharlesSpooner »

I'd take one of these as there's absolutely no way the amount of stuff on my walk would fit in one and I'd get to work alone. I get on with my P&L partner but it's such a laborious way of doing the job!

The enviromental thing is nonsense - what about the extra fumes caused by the lengthy tailbacks behind you!