ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by goldy »

Yes I had never not been paid for overtime when I had no union in other jobs but now ive joined RM and the union im missing all the time. Whats going on with this union?
hero22
Posts: 595
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by hero22 »

Our office have about 15 people each week underpaid and it always seems to rotate, so obvious they are fixing the budget to suit.

Has anyone contacted human resources via email, I've been having a pay dispute since May and have been told I cant deal directly with human resources, it has to come from a manager ? Trying to get my manager to sent emails is near impossible and has reached the stage where the union rep is looking into getting Solicitor involved.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by rambo1 »

Used to be able to email moya. Don't know if there is a similar thing now she's left. I always got disputes sorted via emailing moya. Never went to the union, that's like banging your head on a wall.
FirstPost
Posts: 675
Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
Gender: Female

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by FirstPost »

In a situation like this with backlogged unpaid overtime, how do you prove what you are owed?
buzzboy
Posts: 27
Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 10:44
Gender: Male

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by buzzboy »

Ive had issues with O.T , its a common problem .
Things got better once I kept a log . Each time O.T was missing I showed it to my Manager .
If the following week was short I'd add on the hours it was short by . It began to add up .
Once your manager knows your keeping track of the exact hours you've worked then he'll expect a short chat from your union rep the next time he or she fails to pay it .
The thing is … your line manager only has a certain amount of O.T hours that they are allowed to use in a given period , and once its been used up then that depot has to absorb the extra work instead of handing out O.T , so the sad truth is ,they will try to dupe you ( in many cases) out of your O.T .
I think its worth surrounding your union rep on mass and let him know whats going on and all walk into the Managers office together .
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

unpaid overtime each week. union doing nothing, what do I do?

Post by Navalron »

Or, walk out the door. :cuppa