As I was still on probation I was told that a transfer was not possible. Also I was told that it was the other DOM’s responsibility to recruit using the standard process as it would need to come from his budget. Additionally my former DOM also said that it wouldn’t be fair as all of the cost of training was on then original DO.
At the end of the day as a new entrant I just swallowed it at the time as this as I said before was a part time job. I wasn’t looking for a career or hassle.
At the point I resigned I asked again about the potential to move but on the final conversation I was told that it wasn’t possible and even if it was, I’d still have to go to other offices from time to time as the other DO was designated as an area reserve.
In the end I just thought, no problem. If RM would rather lose me completely then what other option do I have?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!