Thats what I would do . In the end its the preppers faultbmccoll wrote:Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Not prepped !!!!!
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Pfft. Seems like petty schoolboy tactics to me. Customers will obviously complain if their mail isn't redirected as paid for.eastie wrote:Thats what I would do . In the end its the preppers faultbmccoll wrote:Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
In this situation you describe, you were aware that the redirections weren't done but delivered that mail anyway because... it was someone else's fault.
No. I'd say customer complaints come right back to you in that situation. I hope you go nowhere near a walk I ever live on, as that is pretty shoddy attitude to mail security in my opinion.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
And then conduct code for whoever delivered the walk if they knew the redirections hadn't been done then pulled the walk out anyway?eastie wrote:Thats what I would do . In the end its the preppers faultbmccoll wrote:Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
-
tommyrep
- Posts: 561
- Joined: 28 Feb 2012, 21:57
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
If the duty is supposed to be prepped and the PT person pulls and bundles, how is it his fault in a conduct situ ?greengiant wrote:And then conduct code for whoever delivered the walk if they knew the redirections hadn't been done then pulled the walk out anyway?eastie wrote:Thats what I would do . In the end its the preppers faultbmccoll wrote:Know what to do... tell your LM and don't touch the the redirection cards and pull out the walk. If there are any comebacks then it is on them to make sure your duty is fully prepped.
You assume he knows, and who could prove he did ?Any Office failures are always firstly the job of a manager to investigate deal wth and resolve.The PREPPER should have informed his manager off any of HIS outstanding work to allow the manager to deal with.
The manager cannot be absolved if the prep work has not been done as it should be and satisfied with the cause/ reasons.
The blame culture is up and running riot. IF the part timer is informed that the work is not ready due to re-dir still to be done and he is signed into work on start time and is instructed to do the re-directions it obviously impacts on the available delivery time. If the walk is NOT ready and the manager is aware of that, HE needs to deal with the reasons why and account for the overtime incurred whether is by the Ptimer or someone else. If I were the part timer and told to do other work before starting delivery, I would NOT be prepared to work over duty time to accommodate an obvious failure in management policy.
The onus is 100% on the manager they should know if ALL the prep work has been done, the clue is in his title.
Last edited by tommyrep on 02 Oct 2017, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
-
Gummage
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 15:37
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
Six minths of that and you'll be in a good position to get a Full Time job, if you can get the Union to support you on it.MissKazzyB wrote:Morning everyone
So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.
So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.
It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.
And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol
Have a good day peeps
Izzy wizzy, let's get busy!
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Not prepped !!!!!
How would you feel about starting at 9.30 or 10 to ensure that the delivery is bagged up and ready to go on your arrival ?MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
If your part time, then it should all be thrown up, all the re-directions done & packets marked.
It should all be tied up too & put in the barrel so when I come in at 9, I can get my barrel & go.
So in fact, I'm helping by tying up myself & loading the barrel.