ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivery to neighbour
-
paulwolves
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 01 Nov 2015, 20:04
- Gender: Male
Delivery to neighbour
I will try 1 neighbor then card it. we have some customers that instead of nominating a neighbor they nominate the bloody street..... as a floater I get various duties and on them when I do the redirections are nominate a neighbor cards. one duty has @ 20 cards and you tell me you can remember them and when you do you get put on another duty and it goes on and on... to me this has not been properly thought out as its time consuming. average of 50 pkts a day not feasible in time allowed.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Delivery to neighbour
Absolutely no chance are you a postie. 10 seconds to attempt a neighbour and then return to original address to post either a p739 or left with neighbour card anyway? 5 minutes to write out a p739?SierraOscarBravo wrote:Xr4 wrote:Don't know if anyone else is finding the same, but there seems to be more and more neighbours refusing, most of the time it's because they don't like them. I tend to card it unless I see a neighbour outside
I rarely bring anything back that isn't a special or an international signed for item. In my experience the vast majority of people are willing to take in an item for a neighbour. I really don't understand why so many of you moan about it or refuse to do what is a Royal Mail standard. That said too many at Royal Mail just like to whinge at everything. You won't spend 10 seconds knocking a neighbour's door to attempt to deliver first time, but you'll spend up to 5 minutes writing out a P739 and dealing with it on your return to the office! Some colleagues just don't want to change their ways and don't like to be told what to do. That is the root cause of a lot of the problems in the workforce today.
I have never heard or read any of my colleagues either locally or on social media etc go on about deliver to neighbour as "a Royal Mail Standard".
I have heard several managers utter those words however!
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Delivery to neighbour
I thought I had misread the earlier post, but no! Who the hell takes 5 mins to deal with one shut???? 5 secs top to write out the card and one sec to toss it in the PHG barrow at the DO. Rapping neighbour's doors eats a lot into a delivery span.steve1873 wrote:Absolutely no chance are you a postie. 10 seconds to attempt a neighbour and then return to original address to post either a p739 or left with neighbour card anyway? 5 minutes to write out a p739?SierraOscarBravo wrote:Xr4 wrote:Don't know if anyone else is finding the same, but there seems to be more and more neighbours refusing, most of the time it's because they don't like them. I tend to card it unless I see a neighbour outside
I rarely bring anything back that isn't a special or an international signed for item. In my experience the vast majority of people are willing to take in an item for a neighbour. I really don't understand why so many of you moan about it or refuse to do what is a Royal Mail standard. That said too many at Royal Mail just like to whinge at everything. You won't spend 10 seconds knocking a neighbour's door to attempt to deliver first time, but you'll spend up to 5 minutes writing out a P739 and dealing with it on your return to the office! Some colleagues just don't want to change their ways and don't like to be told what to do. That is the root cause of a lot of the problems in the workforce today.
I have never heard or read any of my colleagues either locally or on social media etc go on about deliver to neighbour as "a Royal Mail Standard".
I have heard several managers utter those words however!