ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LONGER DELIVERY SPANS

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
bobthepostie
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
Gender: Male

Rumour of new, later starting times.

Post by bobthepostie »

hans solo wrote:west of scotland are being shat on from glasgow cwu reps in bed with senior rm mgmt
wont mention names YET
Same as the revision then. Sick of it.
I_Take_My_Breaks
Posts: 55
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 09:13
Gender: Male

LONGER DELIVERY SPANS

Post by I_Take_My_Breaks »

justdeno wrote:What about all the gone aways etc. The machines have little knowledge of who lives in the house. I am fed up with carrying post where people have moved and the abuse from current persons. Just think of all the complaints RM will get if this system goes live.
Don't worry about the gone aways. I deliver a lot of them now. People do complain and I just say "Royal Mail deliver to the address, not the person" I tell them to endorse the mail with the reason and put them back into the post box. I also tell them by doing this, the letters will eventually stop. Most people understand, the ones that don't understand and want to have a rant I simply take back and deliver the next day when their not around. The customer has paid for it to be delivered and I deliver. I am not a manager who decides what does or does not get delivered.

Besides it's so much easier than killing off 20 letters a day.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

LONGER DELIVERY SPANS

Post by Chelseablue »

Revision revision revision what's the point !
banner18
Posts: 636
Joined: 05 Sep 2008, 19:10
Gender: Male

LONGER DELIVERY SPANS

Post by banner18 »

No-one can stand in the way of the machines, they are taking over. I think this will spell the beginning of the end for full time contracts unless people fancy goin back to 6 day weeks.
Also, they keep banging on about quality and this will spell the end to quality service.