8.png
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Porch delivery
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32815
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Porch delivery
http://whatconsumer.co.uk/delivery-and- ... z3SyCeKvAK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;A2B wrote:Have you a link to that please, might come in handy when i have two customers (sender/receiver) asking me to do different things
the actual regulation in Lawyer speak is
Passing of risk
43.—(1) A sales contract is to be treated as including the following provisions as terms.
(2) The goods remain at the trader’s risk until they come into the physical possession of—
(a) the consumer, or
(b) a person identified by the consumer to take possession of the goods.
(3) Paragraph (2) does not apply if the goods are delivered to a carrier who—
(a) is commissioned by the consumer to deliver the goods, and
(b) is not a carrier the trader named as an option for the consumer.
(4) In that case the goods are at the consumer’s risk on and after delivery to the carrier.
(5) Paragraph (4) does not affect any liability of the carrier to the consumer in respect of the
goods.
which is part of the The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and
Additional Charges) Regulations 2013
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013 ... 134_en.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
Thank you. So we should not deliver anything to a neighbor unless both the sender and receiver have given us permission to do so?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Porch delivery
I am not a lawyer so unsure of the legal implications but I would agree with you at first look.A2B wrote:Thank you. So we should not deliver anything to a neighbor unless both the sender and receiver have given us permission to do so?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
the-hanz
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 27 Feb 2015, 16:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
I've started something now I see...... Bring on the revolution
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
Well if one is the customer while the item is in transit and the other becomes the customer when it reaches their property i can't see it any other wayTrueBlueTerrier wrote:I am not a lawyer so unsure of the legal implications but I would agree with you at first look.A2B wrote:Thank you. So we should not deliver anything to a neighbor unless both the sender and receiver have given us permission to do so?
-
A2B
- Posts: 2033
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
Indeedthe-hanz wrote:I've started something now I see...... Bring on the revolution
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Porch delivery
There is too many rules and confusion what you can do and can't do. People complain about leaving letters in the porch and not parcels in the porch. You have to do what is possible. If the area is run down then take extra care. Get to know who are the complainers are. It is more difficult if you are covering for the walk. Don't worry about entering in the porch. Just don't enter when the front door is open due to dogs.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
Well,by my reckoning, according to the deliver to neighbour procedure ,if receipt of an item is denied ,it is deemed to be your fault,that to its logical conclusion,says,that,delivery to neighbour is insecure. Bring it back.
-
enskied
- Posts: 1877
- Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
And a garden gate is a door..... So if it is closed ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:the-hanz wrote:Thanks again.
One other scenario. A porch that is closed with NO letter box on it. Do I try the door so I can deliver the mail through the front door or do I endorse the mail to say it can't be delivered?
Yes - if you see a letter box through the porch, or know that there is one through local knowledge then you are allowed to post it through the 2nd door, but you can't leave parcels in the porch, as its insecure.
On the subject of the secure porch door. If you can open it, so can a passing thief so its not secure. However, RM have deemed that we cannot check every door, so a closed door is counted as secure, but it isn't if you subsequently open it.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Porch delivery
open it - we have implied access to by law we can go beyond the gate. We don't have implied access beyond the front door.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Porch delivery
Bored Now!!!! After 35 years i hadnt realised the job could get so complicated? ? Is it me ????