ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Staff who come in early
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Staff who come in early
Come in early? I struggle to get in on time never mind early....
-
Syze
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
A while back when I was sorting packets I noticed that every single frame was prepped bar mine. I asked the line manager about this as he was walking past and he said it's because everyone comes in early and preps their walk-sorted trays before going into the IPS on their start times. I asked if they were mugs and he laughed and said yes.
-
mandelsons_toenail
- Posts: 1294
- Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Outer Hebrides
Re: Staff who come in early
Selfish twats
Take our place.
Moan rounds too big
Yet come in early
Can't make it up.
Need to grow a set
Take our place.
Moan rounds too big
Yet come in early
Can't make it up.
Need to grow a set
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 968
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Staff who come in early
Funny how Royal Mail never puts out a press release about this. "Thousands of CWU members come in early every week and work FOR FREE to get your mail delivered."
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
I can remember an idiot at my old office who used to come in.....TWO hours early every single day ......then again he was the saddest individual I had ever met and had no social life or friends at all ...Royal Mail was his life....he has long since gone and started his own business in Aussie....as....wait for it.....an undertaker....and doing well apparently judging from what folk tell me.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
Bet the f****r turns up before they've died too.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
We've got loads who come in 2 hours before there time ,
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Staff who come in early
He's the Grim ReaperSidley wrote:Bet the f****r turns up before they've died too.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: Staff who come in early
I hate them !!!
Would a miner dig out a tonne of coal 45mins before his mates start work down the pits for free ????
F**k he would, we working with a bunch of morons !!!!
Would a miner dig out a tonne of coal 45mins before his mates start work down the pits for free ????
F**k he would, we working with a bunch of morons !!!!
-
Kindred
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 29 Jan 2012, 12:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
I'm one of these 'idiots' who came in early every day. My wife thought I was an idiot as did my friends who thought it highly amusing. My duty starts between 8 and 8:30 depending on the day of the week. I would come in at 7:30 every day except for Saturday which would be 6:30. The DOM never asked you to come in early but didn't stop anyone either. About 90-95% of part timers come in early with a small minority turning up before full timers started!
I didn't want to come in early but you were under a bit of pressure because we're in the new revision so you felt you were being unfair to whoever you were partnered with. You reasoned with yourself that if you started early, you finished early.
I've stopped doing it now so usually I'm the last out and last back. Even getting phone calls while still out on delivery asking when I'll be back, even though I'm still within my stated delivery times.
I told my manager last week that I wanted to cut off and only work my contracted daily hours but was told that I can't do that and have to continue until finished. I would very much welcome some advice here.
I think its time Royal Mail and the CWU introduced a national policy and stop people coming in early or renegotiate start times for part timers.
Royal Mail are getting a full time employee for part time pay and contributions.
I didn't want to come in early but you were under a bit of pressure because we're in the new revision so you felt you were being unfair to whoever you were partnered with. You reasoned with yourself that if you started early, you finished early.
I've stopped doing it now so usually I'm the last out and last back. Even getting phone calls while still out on delivery asking when I'll be back, even though I'm still within my stated delivery times.
I told my manager last week that I wanted to cut off and only work my contracted daily hours but was told that I can't do that and have to continue until finished. I would very much welcome some advice here.
I think its time Royal Mail and the CWU introduced a national policy and stop people coming in early or renegotiate start times for part timers.
Royal Mail are getting a full time employee for part time pay and contributions.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
Your boss is talking out of his shitbox. Get your rep onto this.
All overtime is voluntary. If you go over your time you should be paid, if not, dont go over.
Sounds simple enough but with a couple of provisos.
Immediately upon finding that you will be unable to finish within your time inform your nearest screw. Let them advise you what they want you to do. Working over your hours unless you want to is NOT one of the options available to them.
They will have a list of bullshit that they trot out in order to make you think that you should do what they want. This is where a rep comes in handy.
All overtime is voluntary. If you go over your time you should be paid, if not, dont go over.
Sounds simple enough but with a couple of provisos.
Immediately upon finding that you will be unable to finish within your time inform your nearest screw. Let them advise you what they want you to do. Working over your hours unless you want to is NOT one of the options available to them.
They will have a list of bullshit that they trot out in order to make you think that you should do what they want. This is where a rep comes in handy.
-
boogyman
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 17 Mar 2011, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
Kindred wrote:I'm one of these 'idiots' who came in early every day. My wife thought I was an idiot as did my friends who thought it highly amusing. My duty starts between 8 and 8:30 depending on the day of the week. I would come in at 7:30 every day except for Saturday which would be 6:30. The DOM never asked you to come in early but didn't stop anyone either. About 90-95% of part timers come in early with a small minority turning up before full timers started!
I didn't want to come in early but you were under a bit of pressure because we're in the new revision so you felt you were being unfair to whoever you were partnered with. You reasoned with yourself that if you started early, you finished early.
I've stopped doing it now so usually I'm the last out and last back. Even getting phone calls while still out on delivery asking when I'll be back, even though I'm still within my stated delivery times.
I told my manager last week that I wanted to cut off and only work my contracted daily hours but was told that I can't do that and have to continue until finished. I would very much welcome some advice here.
I think its time Royal Mail and the CWU introduced a national policy and stop people coming in early or renegotiate start times for part timers.
more fool you! tell ur managers ur coming in to time and working to ur time theirs fek they can do . just work ur hrs. the more the idiots come in early the more walks we will flex. like you said though the union need to get off their backsides and sort this out. get into offices where its happening .
Royal Mail are getting a full time employee for part time pay and contributions.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
Reps what are they,,,never hear a peep from ours
-
scorched
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 17:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Staff who come in early
Anyone else had one of these 'delivery practises' sheets handed round this week via WTL? It lists all the things that the office MUST adhere to, such as taking breaks after IPS has finished, and starting at the correct time - no early or late starts allowed. Apparently the DOM can get conducted if not followed. But we have had people coming in at least half an hour early since the year dot. We'll see if anything changes now... Not holding my breath.
-
Cut Off King
- Posts: 1078
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Staff who come in early
Can you post a copy of this instruction, pleasescorched wrote:Anyone else had one of these 'delivery practises' sheets handed round this week via WTL? It lists all the things that the office MUST adhere to, such as taking breaks after IPS has finished, and starting at the correct time - no early or late starts allowed. Apparently the DOM can get conducted if not followed. But we have had people coming in at least half an hour early since the year dot. We'll see if anything changes now... Not holding my breath.