ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Electronic cigarettes .

Got a question for a CWU Rep? And all CWU related matters.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Electronic cigarettes .

Post by POSTMAN »

AlbertoGranado wrote:
somerset wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Back in my day we didn't have all these electronic gadgets, what's wrong with a hoop and a stick :hmmmm
Back in my day we did not have electronic gadgets like this to discuss topics .We had things called a telephone or sent a letter !
And here we have the reason for the decline in mail volume
Well i'm not getting rid of the site! Some of us would have to talk to the wife and stuff! :so there
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Electronic cigarettes .

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote:
AlbertoGranado wrote:
somerset wrote:
DGP1 wrote:Back in my day we didn't have all these electronic gadgets, what's wrong with a hoop and a stick :hmmmm
Back in my day we did not have electronic gadgets like this to discuss topics .We had things called a telephone or sent a letter !
And here we have the reason for the decline in mail volume
Well i'm not getting rid of the site! Some of us would have to talk to the wife and stuff! :so there
Yours or someone elses :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
bobthepostie
Posts: 135
Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 17:41
Gender: Male

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by bobthepostie »

Sorry to raise an old thread but does anyone know the official RM stance on ecigs? Can't find anything and getting conflicting advice whether these can be used in our yard. I know they cannot be used indoors or in the vans but wondering if they have to be used off site?
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32787
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by POSTMAN »

Royal Mail like many other companies treat e-cigs just like normal cigs.
It saves a lot of hassle that way.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/211914533/Roy ... tes#scribd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Royal Mail Group does not allow the use of electronic cigarettes in any Royal Mail Group building or vehicle.”
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by DB1100 »

I chose not to smoke,why should I have to breathe ecig fumes in,just because some weak willed people don't have the mindset to give up,if they want to use them get outside with them
For we were soldiers once,and young
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by aiden01 »

DB1100 wrote:I chose not to smoke,why should I have to breathe ecig fumes in,just because some weak willed people don't have the mindset to give up,if they want to use them get outside with them
How do you know these people are weak willed smoking is just like any other addiction whether its gambling, alcoholism just to name a few.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by motherhubbard »

Are you allowed to smoke in the car park or do you have to be off RM premises completely?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Electronic cigarettes .

Post by DB1100 »

aiden01 wrote:
DB1100 wrote:I chose not to smoke,why should I have to breathe ecig fumes in,just because some weak willed people don't have the mindset to give up,if they want to use them get outside with them
How do you know these people are weak willed smoking is just like any other addiction whether its gambling, alcoholism just to name a few.
All addicts are weak willed,nobody gets them addicted it's their choice,I used to smoke I decided to give up a long time ago and I did because I had the necessary will power to do it,simple.
For we were soldiers once,and young