ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Census dates
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Census dates
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/feb/1 ... eed-martin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Tank
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 12:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
Got told by our dim they r coming in Tuesday 8th and have till wends the 16th to finish them.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
Any idea what happens for addresses that are not accessible, due to houses boarded up; blocked letterboxes; long term obstructions to door etc.?
Feels quite strange that this will be the first time I receive a cencus form, as I approach 40!
Feels quite strange that this will be the first time I receive a cencus form, as I approach 40!
-
north london driver
- Posts: 560
- Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
census forms came in last night, if they go out next week mon,tues,wed.
that will mean no absortion or no house holds for three days.
that will mean no absortion or no house holds for three days.
-
BT2010
- Posts: 352
- Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
north london driver wrote:census forms came in last night, if they go out next week mon,tues,wed.
that will mean no absortion or no house holds for three days.
hoorah! feckin hell NLD it doesnt take much to excite you mate.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Census dates
Why not??? If there's time to lapse then you will be doing it and TBH what would be the problem in delivering your D2Ds along with your census formsnorth london driver wrote:census forms came in last night, if they go out next week mon,tues,wed.
that will mean no absortion or no house holds for three days.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
I Asked a manager today about the census delivery next week. He told me “they have to be delivered within three days” That’s fine.
Problem is Royal Mail has not taken into account walks that has stairs after stairs.
They have not taken into account shops, offices etc where your bags are to be dropped.
They have not taken into account the weight upon your back.
I will divide my census into three on Monday and take my Mondays worth with me. When I leave the office I will be telling them once 1.10pm arrives I will be back here come what may. Its then up to the managers to make a decision on who delivers the rest of my walk.
I will not be taken for a ride or bullied into their silly little games. I hope most of the UK are up for this as well.
By the way there will be no mail sort three in your office Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so therefore the managers will play on the fact its light today.
Mailsort three will be back with a vengeance on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Prepare for the worst ladies and gents.
We are in for a battering near the end of the week.
Problem is Royal Mail has not taken into account walks that has stairs after stairs.
They have not taken into account shops, offices etc where your bags are to be dropped.
They have not taken into account the weight upon your back.
I will divide my census into three on Monday and take my Mondays worth with me. When I leave the office I will be telling them once 1.10pm arrives I will be back here come what may. Its then up to the managers to make a decision on who delivers the rest of my walk.
I will not be taken for a ride or bullied into their silly little games. I hope most of the UK are up for this as well.
By the way there will be no mail sort three in your office Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so therefore the managers will play on the fact its light today.
Mailsort three will be back with a vengeance on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Prepare for the worst ladies and gents.
We are in for a battering near the end of the week.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
At our Office we've been told that all Census forms WILL go out Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday being a wash-up day for anything left. D2D will go out as usual i.e. 20% a day despite a large number of people with 5 (some have none) The managers from what I can see have been read the riot Act about it all going out to spec and experience tells me that that means trouble :(
Personally I'm dreading it!
Personally I'm dreading it!
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
I've got 4 lots of d2ds. I guess forward planning didn't come into the equation because one of them is almost as big as a census. I can see already that there is a significant likelihood of conflict and confrontation. The sheets that we have had placed on our fittings seem to permit no argument. The fact of the matter is that with 4 d2ds and a whole load of censuses, I will be delivering 150+ censuses more than most in our office and more d2ds. Which means more weight, more time, etc. They will come in an hour early, prep their d2ds in their time, etc. I will be made to look like a c*nt. Fortunately, I am a c*nt and I don't care about being made to look like one. If any frakker so much as looks at me the wrong way on Monday I'll go mad. If my censuses don't get delivered till a week on Wednesday, I don't give a sh*t. If they're that important someone else can deliver them.Indy wrote:At our Office we've been told that all Census forms WILL go out Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday being a wash-up day for anything left. D2D will go out as usual i.e. 20% a day despite a large number of people with 5 (some have none) The managers from what I can see have been read the riot Act about it all going out to spec and experience tells me that that means trouble :(
Personally I'm dreading it!
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
Why do you only have 3 days to do them?, we get ours next wed and have untill the following wed to complete, there is no way I could complete in 3 days, as 8 of them weigh 1 kilo, and I have nearly 800 drops. So that equates to around 90 extra kilos.Indy wrote:At our Office we've been told that all Census forms WILL go out Monday and Tuesday with Wednesday being a wash-up day for anything left. D2D will go out as usual i.e. 20% a day despite a large number of people with 5 (some have none) The managers from what I can see have been read the riot Act about it all going out to spec and experience tells me that that means trouble :(
Personally I'm dreading it!
90/3=30 extra kilos a day around 5 kilos extra a bag.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Census dates
Pardon my ignorance ... but what exactly IS "Mailsort three" ? I obviously cop for it but I've never had the full chronology of the morning explained in detail ...Eric Cantona wrote:By the way there will be no mail sort three in your office Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so therefore the managers will play on the fact its light today.
Mailsort three will be back with a vengeance on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Census dates
Its the ones with an M printed where the stamp should go - instead of a 1 or a 2 (these are Mailsort 1 and Mailsort 2 usually)RedBagMan wrote:Pardon my ignorance ... but what exactly IS "Mailsort three" ? I obviously cop for it but I've never had the full chronology of the morning explained in detail ...Eric Cantona wrote:By the way there will be no mail sort three in your office Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so therefore the managers will play on the fact its light today.
Mailsort three will be back with a vengeance on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Easy to remember as to go Monday not Saturday
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Census dates
All the mail with a M on the top right hand corner.RedBagMan wrote:Pardon my ignorance ... but what exactly IS "Mailsort three" ? I obviously cop for it but I've never had the full chronology of the morning explained in detail ...Eric Cantona wrote:By the way there will be no mail sort three in your office Monday Tuesday and Wednesday so therefore the managers will play on the fact its light today.
Mailsort three will be back with a vengeance on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Census dates
Thanks chaps 

"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12214
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Census dates
What stream did they send them out as? DSA, 1st class, 2nd class, etc